Windows 10: Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

Discus and support Access denied on bootrec /fixboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 1809 recently. It crashed after a system restore and did not boot anymore. So I used the installation disk and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Huldrich, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Huldrich Win User

Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

Hello,

I installed Windows 10 version 1809 recently. It crashed after a system restore and did not boot anymore. So I used the installation disk and tried out the inbuilt repair functions, which did not work. I also tried line commands, which worked expect bootrec /fixboot. It said "access denied". Some sites recommend to use diskpart and then formatting the EFI partition. This did not work either because access was denied again (as administrator). Fortunately, I made a backup before and could restore Windows. However, bootrec /fixboot is still not working. I have the impression that this is not an error but comes with the new version of Windows 10. So why is access denied? How can the boot record be repaired if access is denied? I don't understand. Can anyone help?

:)

Huldrich, Apr 24, 2019

2. BootRec/Fixboot Access Denied

Hi Rob,

When I type bootrec /fixboot I receive an access denied msg. Is there a way to resolve this?

I will try the EasyBCD method.

Thank you,

Amar

Amarajith Balasubramaniam, Apr 24, 2019
  3. RComputerGuy, Apr 24, 2019
  4. macekor Win User

Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access denied

Hello,

I have a problem, i uninstalled ubuntu with GRUB recently and wanted to fix windows bootloader. And when i type bootrec /fixmbr everything's fine, but when i type bootrec /fixboot it shows access denied. I've read answear to this question

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-bootrec-fixboot-access-is-denied/747c4180-7ff3-4bc2-b6cc-81e572d546df
    , but when i list volumes in diskpart i don't see any fat32 partition so i don't know which partition is
    efi. I see following partitions. Does somebody know a solution?
    Access denied on bootrec /fixboot [​IMG]

macekor, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Access denied on bootrec /fixboot - Similar Threads - Access denied bootrec

2. Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!: Windows 11 after upgrading from windows 10 at startup just shows black screen help fix. Windows 10 no black screen problem but occasionally after 10-15min use the screen turns black and unable to see anything...
  3. Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!: Windows 11 after upgrading from windows 10 at startup just shows black screen help fix. Windows 10 no black screen problem but occasionally after 10-15min use the screen turns black and unable to see anything...
  4. Is it normal to have bootrec /fixboot access denied?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal to have bootrec /fixboot access denied?: - So i was doing a register cleaning, then my windows couldn't shutdown then i restarted it and it did not boot properly, it just booted into the advanced startup even i restarted again.- Then i enter the command prompt there and found out the windows volume is stated as...
  5. Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error: I am trying to repair Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. The USB windows repair boot disc wont repair it automatically so went to the Troubleshoot menu and the command line tools where your articles suggest I try the following commands. Bootrec /fixmbr, This seems to work....
  6. Bootrec /fixboot access denied?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied?: My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec /fixboot but get access denied. I reformated boot partition to FAT32, copied boot files using bcdboot from \windows directory...
  7. Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied

Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied: Hello. I have followed all the instruction and type in cmd starting from: Diskpart -> list disk and sel disk 0. Now i am stuck on "List Volume" on the cmd. I have 4 volumes on my screen : Vol 0 as C- OS NTFS partition, Vol 1 as E- Recovery partition, Vol 2 as "blank (aka...
  8. Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error

Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error: I encountered winlog.exe missing/corrupted issue during laptop startup. Have googled up solutions in repairing with USB bootable drive but did not help. There's other recommendations to enter command prompt and enter the few bootrec commands. However upon entering Bootrec...
  9. bootrec /fixboot access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootrec /fixboot access is denied: My Windows upgrade is failed and force the PC to power off while it is still writing to the disk, and appeared the blue screen error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". and I run the command "bootrec /fixboot", however, I received the "bootrec /fixboot access is denied" error...
  10. Bootrec /fixboot access denied. Various solutions not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied. Various solutions not working: You can pull the HDD out of the computer and attach it via a USB-SATA Adapter, Dock or Enclosure with a power adapter. Attach it to a working computer, it should come up as another drive on the system and you can copy the data off of it.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fixboot access denied

2. how to fix bootrec /fixboot access denied window 10