Windows 10: Access denied or lack permission on a private network

Discus and support Access denied or lack permission on a private network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My home network consists of one laptop and one desktop. Same local passwords on both, and are registered with the same MS live account. There are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ineuw, Jun 6, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Access denied or lack permission on a private network

My home network consists of one laptop and one desktop. Same local passwords on both, and are registered with the same MS live account.

There are no restrictions, and mutual access is without passwords.

The laptop is version 2004 and this works well and the desktop is still 1909 and cannot be upgraded yet, but this issue existed when both Windows were version 1909.

From Desktop to laptop, the shares are visible but I have no permission.

From Laptop to desktop, I have no authority to access the desktop at all. The shares are blocked.

On both machines, ownership is the Administrators. SYSTEM, Administrators and are the only accounts listed, all with Full control.

The hardware and software is specified in my signature.

:)

ineuw, Jun 6, 2020
  2. ineuw Win User

My home network consists of one laptop and one desktop. Same local passwords on both, and are registered with the same MS live account.

There are no restrictions, and mutual access is without passwords.

The laptop is version 2004 and this works well and the desktop is still 1909 and cannot be upgraded yet, but this issue existed when both Windows were version 1909.

From Desktop to laptop, the shares are visible but I have no permission.

From Laptop to desktop, I have no authority to access the desktop at all. The shares are blocked.

On both machines, ownership is the Administrators. SYSTEM, Administrators and are the only accounts listed, all with Full control.

The hardware and software is specified in my signature.

ineuw, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.usps.com/" on this server. Reference ###### Also, Ebay denied.

Hi,

We would like to know if you're still receiving the error message Access Denied You don't have permission to access on this server.

If yes, you may try following the suggestion of CarrotMuseum on this
    thread about adding the site to the trusted list.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Access denied or lack permission on a private network - Similar Threads - Access denied lack

2. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  3. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  4. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  5. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  6. Access denied. You need permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied. You need permission.: HI,I'm having issues in regards to transferring movie files to my external hard drive . Which is connected to my router. As a cheap alternative as a nas system.The problem is , I can't transfer the files. It says access denied . You need permission.I've tried all the usual...
  7. Permission access to files denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission access to files denied: Hi, i wish to ask after the windows 10 update on 10/12/20. I'm currently unable to delete the files in my pc while keep encountering the problem Folder Access Denied stating I'm not the user of the PC while I'm the only user I'm only able to have access to my desktop,...
  8. same old question network access permission denied

same old question network access permission denied: I have two pc on my small network. All log in with the same pin. Both on windows 10 pro. Pc one can see the shared files. pc two can not access files about permission. Have done all i found on internet solutions. No solution for me. Need access and do not want reinstall...
  9. Network access denied

Network access denied: I have a small network only two computers. I can see and access files on pc2 from pc1. but can not access files on pc1 from pc2. I got always the message you have to request access permission. I use on both pc's the microsoft password....
  10. lack sufficient permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    lack sufficient permissions: My user account refuses to allow me to be the administrator, tells me I lack sufficient permissions to change files. I am the only user. As a test user I can be administrator. Help. Adobe guys spent hours trying to make their apps let me import or export files. Nothing...