Windows 10: Access Denied! Please login with administrator privilege and try again

Discus and support Access Denied! Please login with administrator privilege and try again in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I get this when trying to launch e.g Battlefield 1942 and Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction and Robot Wars Extreme Destruction. Nothing seems to solve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Skull Kid, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Skull Kid Win User

Access Denied! Please login with administrator privilege and try again

I get this when trying to launch e.g Battlefield 1942 and Robot Wars Arenas of Destruction and Robot Wars Extreme Destruction. Nothing seems to solve it. Not Run as Administrator, not compatibility mode, nothing! Anyone got any clue what it could be?

Kind Regards

*Smile

:)

Skull Kid, Jul 26, 2015

2. Installing older games on Windows 10

I tried Starlancer and Civ 4, and they both give the same "Access Denied: Please login with administrator privileges and try again."

EpilepticGuitar, Jul 26, 2015
  3. AKMC 117 Win User
    'Access Denied. Please login with administrator privileges and try again'

They don't think that they've messed up; they did this by design but were just rubbish at communicating it. Refer to the thread that I [

mentioned above
    ], where the cause was found with absolutely no help from Microsoft may I add.

The "too long, didn't read" version of it is this:

• "This September 2015 Windows update KB3086255 basically disables secdrv.sys which is an anti-piracy copy protection that is used by many games developers and some other software companies. The driver, secdrv.sys, is used by games which use Macrovision
      SafeDisc. Without the driver, games with SafeDisc protection would be unable to play on Windows." (A quote from

a website
      which, unlike Microsoft support, actually knows what it's talking about.)
    • Consequently any games which use the secdrv.sys service to check that the correct disk is in the drive will be broken. Which is a lot of them.
    • To be fair (not that MS were fair to us in the way they went about deploying this) they did this because there are known security risks with secdrv.sys. They didn't do it out of capriciousness or incompetence (except in the area of communications).
    • The error message that you receive from Windows about this being an "administrator privileges" issue is totally bogus. MS support staff should know this. Apparently, they don't which is why the suggestions that were made earlier in this thread are useless.
    • For Windows 7 and 8 you can uninstall the patch but if you have Windows Update on (which you should) it'll come right back again. You can, however, still manually fire up the service when you want to play a copy protected game by following instructions
      that you will find in either of the links I've given above.
    • For Windows 10 you apparently can't; Windows 10 will not, it is claimed, let you install secdrv.sys at all.
    • Consequently that kinda makes a lie of the claim that Windows 10 will "run all of the software that you have now". It's only "kinda" a lie because of course by breaking Windows 7 and 8 they can then claim "Well, it doesn't run THERE either!
      {Any more, muttered under breath}".
    If the game is now cheap and on a platform like Steam, you can get a copy of it which will be unaffected by this problem that way. (Yes, I know, I know, you shouldn't have to pay for games twice. The messenger, don't shoot him.) Another is to get a no-CD
    crack of the game which of course exposes you to a number of risks. It's just one more way that DRM screws legitimate purchasers while not even slowing down pirates.

AKMC 117, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Skull Kid Win User

Skull Kid, Jul 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Access Denied! Please login with administrator privilege and try again - Similar Threads - Access Denied Please

2. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  3. Administrator Denied Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Denied Access: I am the administrator on Windows 11 Pro and can not view all folder in file explorer. When trying to view the folders in “C:\Users\All Users”, I am denied access.This a home computer and I am the only user/account. How do I gain access to my own computer?...
  4. Administrator access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  5. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" when trying to run...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" when trying to run...: I am trying to run my Spider-Man 3 game on Windows 10. However, I get the error message listed above whenever I try to open the program despite the fact that I am on the administrator account on my device. I have tried running the program as an administrator through the...
  6. Please login with administrator privileges and try again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please login with administrator privileges and try again: Hej detta gäller need for speed underground,det startar inte.mvh emelie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-login-with-administrator-privileges-and-try/42abd1f3-b558-4688-aeb2-69cb24b8c3f0
  7. System Error 5 Access denied - Even With Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System Error 5 Access denied - Even With Administrator Privileges: Hi. I get "System error 5 Access is denied" error when trying to install Emscripten SDK 1.38.27 using the emsdk. I also have version 1.39.0 of Emscripten; what I want to do is to also get this earlier to have alongside it because I need it for Qt 5.13.1 (Qt for WebAssembly)...
  8. Civ Conquest"please login with administrator privileges and try again"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Civ Conquest"please login with administrator privileges and try again": Hello. I am running W10 and I can no longer run Civilization Conquests. I am running it from the game disc. A popup box appears after clicking the game icon and says "Access Denied" "please login with administrator privileges and try again." Now, the user I am using is an...
  9. Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Access Denied - unable to gain administrator privileges: Windows 10 boots however access is denied on all drives. I have tried taking ownership however since access is denied I cannot do this. I can go in and look at security settings, but changing ownership is not possible. C drive usage and free is 0 however I can see the files...
  10. HELP !! Please login with administrator privileges and try again

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP !! Please login with administrator privileges and try again: I need some help.. I have an old game called: Sims Deluxe Edition.. I always played it when I was a kid few years ago, Now I bought my new laptop, and updated it.. I installed the game with the cd I already had. installed it correctly as I did before.. Then I got...