Windows 10: Access Denied to any external drive

Discus and support Access Denied to any external drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I connect an usb or harddrive, my laptop gives me a "location not found: access denied" error. For my external harddrive I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MirijamZhang, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Access Denied to any external drive

Hi,

Whenever I connect an usb or harddrive, my laptop gives me a "location not found: access denied" error. For my external harddrive I have tried everything I could find on the internet, I tried to take ownership, by going to the security tab and changing the owner to MYLAPTOPNAME/myusername, but it gives me a "failed to enumerate objects in container: access denied" error and I cannot seem to find anything about this online. My external drives works for sure as it used to work with my laptop and still works on other laptops.

Please help me out.

Mirijam

:)

MirijamZhang, Feb 16, 2020

2. External drive access denied

i have an external drive, its working fine, and at one day i cant copy anything to my external drive, adn a few days later i cant access the external drive

it said access denied. ive browse a solution in internet but none of those work, so can i get the solution?

RendiRetnandito, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Access denied in external hard drive

Access denied in external hard drive in windows 10

MANIDEEPAPAL, Feb 16, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

Access Denied to any external drive

Access Denied on External Drive

You know, Samuria, they say that "great minds think alike, but so do mediocre ones." I had the same thought you voiced in your suggestion to convert the drive to FAT32, though I was thinking more along the lines of exFAT because of the larger file sizes it supports.

Access Denied to any external drive [​IMG]

Good on you, mate!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Access Denied to any external drive

1. Access Denied to any external drive - Similar Threads - Access Denied external

2. External drive - Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive - Access denied: Trying to use my drive like I normally do but when I connect it, it goes in and out like noises of it connecting and disconnecting noises. When I go to disk management and make sure it's initialized it says access denied, tried unplugging and replugging and the drive will...
  3. External drive - Access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External drive - Access denied: Trying to use my drive like I normally do but when I connect it, it goes in and out like noises of it connecting and disconnecting noises. When I go to disk management and make sure it's initialized it says access denied, tried unplugging and replugging and the drive will...
  4. External Hard Drive Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Access Denied: My external hard drive stopped working from one day to the next. The only changes I made to my system is that I let windows update run when I turned off my computer the day before. The next day when starting my computer it said "no master boot record found" or something...
  5. External Hard Drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive - Access Denied: I have always taken a backup onto an external hard drive every few weeks. The drive recently stopped working with an "Access Denied" error when I browse to it in explorer.I have a second new external drive and get the same problem.From disk manager, i deleted the volume,...
  6. External hard drive access denied

External hard drive access denied: I cannot access my external hard drive. I was able to previously, after creating a new volume using Disk Management. I moved about 500GB of personal data and since I was able to access it, I deleted the original copy, so what's in the drive is the only copy of the data and I...
  7. Access denied to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied to external drive: I have a high capacity NTFS formatted external drive that gives me Access denied error. I previously had it permanently plugged into one of these, although infrequently used, and recently encountered this problem. I have attempted all remedies I could find, on this and...
  8. Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied: I have just purchased a new computer W10 Pro and I can't access any external disk or via network. I have a laptop W10 Home and it has no problem reading these disks. The same disks can be accessed on the W7 computer. The message is YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSTION TO ACCESS THIS...
  9. denied access to external drive

denied access to external drive: I tried to create a folder in my external USB drive but received a message that I have to get access permission. I don’t know how to get access permission in my Windows 10 PC...
  10. Access Denied on External Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denied on External Drive: I was hoping that this take ownership feature would give me access to files I have on an external drive formatted with NTFS. I am still receiving the following error when I try to copy a file from the external drive to anywhere on my local drive or if I try to play an mp3...