Windows 10: Access denied to new drive after clone

Discus and support Access denied to new drive after clone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10 I am logged in as Administrator. I recently got a new Dell 8940 desktop with a 256GB NVMe drive (C:) and a 1T HDD.(D:) I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LovelyFlipper, May 4, 2021.

1. Access denied to new drive after clone

I am new to Windows 10 I am logged in as Administrator. I recently got a new Dell 8940 desktop with a 256GB NVMe drive (CAccess denied to new drive after clone :) and a 1T HDD.(DAccess denied to new drive after clone :) I have successfully added all my personal data to the D: drive and plan on only adding required program files to C: I also added a 500GB SSD for backups of cloning and System Imaging. I partitioned it and called it Drive F: and Drive G: and wanted to do a weekly clone of my C: drive to it. I used EaseUS TODO Backup to clone my C: drive to drive F: I am now denied access to F: drive and can't even format it. Although all other files and folders on the computer have a security tab enabled, this new drive does not. In the registry, I set the value to zero for enabling security tab but it still isn't available for this drive. I have have been cloning my C: drive on Windows 7 for years without an issue. My questions are, 1. How can I format this new SSD drive and start over? 2. How can I clone my C: drive to another drive that I can have access to and boot from? Any help is appreciated

:)

LovelyFlipper, May 4, 2021

2. Access denied to new drive after clone

I am new to Windows 10
    I am logged in as Administrator.
    I recently got a new Dell 8940 desktop with a 256GB NVMe drive (CAccess denied to new drive after clone :) and a 1T HDD.(DAccess denied to new drive after clone :)
    I have successfully added all my personal data to the D: drive and plan on only adding required program files to C:
    I also added a 500GB SSD for backups of cloning and System Imaging.
    I partitioned it and called it Drive F: and Drive G: and wanted to do a weekly clone of my C: drive to it.

I used EaseUS TODO Backup to clone my C: drive to drive F:
    I am now denied access to F: drive and can't even format it.
    Although all other files and folders on the computer have a security tab enabled, this new drive does not.
    In the registry, I set the value to zero for enabling security tab but it still isn't available for this drive.
    I have have been cloning my C: drive on Windows 7 for years without an issue.
    My questions are,
    1. How can I format this new SSD drive and start over?
    2. How can I clone my C: drive to another drive that I can have access to and boot from?
    Any help is appreciated

3. Access denied to new drive after clone

Access denied to new drive after clone [​IMG]

Spunk and Samuria,
    Thank you for your thoughtful replies.
    As you can see, Disk 1 only has a grayed out pop up menu on the partition that still has the C: drive clone.
    I'm not able to do anything to it.
    I was able to format the other partition without a problem.

I hadn't considered that I couldn't have two bootable drives at the same time.
    That's what I was use to in Windows 7.

4. Access denied to new drive after clone

Clone Bitlocker enable drive to SSD

Keitaro

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Heed the advice of the software, you must disable BitLocker before cloning. This is highly recommend if you ever want to get access to the drive.

There is nothing wrong with having to re-enable it after restoring the clone.

Step 1: disable BitLocker.

Step 2: clone drive

Step 3: restore the cloned image to the new drive.

Step 4: Re-Enable BitLocker.

Andre for Directly, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Access denied to new drive after clone

1. Access denied to new drive after clone - Similar Threads - Access denied drive

2. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  3. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !: Drive J not accessible. Access is denied.Tried Disk Management to check the status. Properties says that I need Read permission to view. When I accessed advanced settings for permissions, it says that I do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission...
  4. Drive Not Accessible! Access denied !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drive is not accessible. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive is not accessible. Access denied: Disk D: is not accessible. Access is denied on Windows 10 – How to Fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-is-not-accessible-access-denied/dfe8d92f-d621-4acb-973c-c4075eb98b2b
  6. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  7. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  8. Access to new SSD denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to new SSD denied: Hi Group I have a new 500 GB SSD to replace my current 250 Gb SSD. I cant open up the new drive or do anything with it because "You dont currently have permission to access this folder." I have formatted it and set all permissions. I appreciate your help. *Sad 100874
  9. Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied: Hi, I have a cloned hard drive of my home PC in a caddy which I'm trying to access (USB) from my work PC. But it's telling me I don't have permission to access files or folders. Edit- sorted individual folders but not contained files so it would be useful to know how to...
  10. Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied"

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to drive - "Access is Denied": I'm having a serious issue here with my external USB 3.0 HDD enclosures. They used to work fine with Windows 7. Now with Windows 10 I fought all last week trying to get Windows 10 to see the enclosures. I have no idea what happened but suddenly Window 10 was able to see the...