Windows 10: Access denied to SD card, please help

Discus and support Access denied to SD card, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; l start the command prompt with adimn rights and run this code icacls "F:\" /q /c /t /grant Users:F Unfortunately this does not work. I did it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/buggorilla, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Access denied to SD card, please help

l start the command prompt with adimn rights and run this code

icacls "F:\" /q /c /t /grant Users:F

Unfortunately this does not work. I did it with and without parentheses as well as with a dot after the backslash in case it was misunderstood as an escape character

I get the following error message

The syntax for the file name, directory name, or volume label is incorrect. O files processed successfully, a processing error occurred with I files.

Can someone please help me out? I also tried the way with Security Register and adding a new user with full permission on this directory but this did not work either.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/buggorilla
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/buggorilla, Nov 25, 2020
  2. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Nov 25, 2020
  3. micro SD card corrupted?

Does your SD card work if you connect it to your computer?

If so, then what I would suggest is to backup it's content on your PC and format the SD card.

Once it's backed up, format the SD card through the phone.

Go to App List > Storage Sense > SD Card > Format SD Card to do that.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Access denied to SD card, please help

Problem accessing video files on SD card with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing the content from SD card after upgrading to Windows 10, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to connect the SD card to different computer running Windows 10 and check if the same issue persists.

Step 2: As you are trying to access the content from the SD card, I suggest you to copy the content on to your laptop, check if you are able to view the content and access them.

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Access denied to SD card, please help

1. Access denied to SD card, please help - Similar Threads - Access denied card

2. Help retrieving SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help retrieving SD card: I have a micro sd card that was in my phone and stopped working. I'm trying to get it back, or at least back up anything on there before formatting it. I put it in my computer and my device manager see's that an SD card is inserted, I can eject the device and open the drive...
  3. Help retrieving SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help retrieving SD card: I have a micro sd card that was in my phone and stopped working. I'm trying to get it back, or at least back up anything on there before formatting it. I put it in my computer and my device manager see's that an SD card is inserted, I can eject the device and open the drive...
  4. Sd card not accessible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card not accessible.: When i try to plug my SD card into windows it makes the sound saying that a device is connected, but is not accessible in any way. It also doesnt show up in explorer. I have tried Device Manger, updating drivers, uninstalling the device, i have tried formatting and tried to...
  5. Sd card not accessible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sd card not accessible.: When i try to plug my SD card into windows it makes the sound saying that a device is connected, but is not accessible in any way. It also doesnt show up in explorer. I have tried Device Manger, updating drivers, uninstalling the device, i have tried formatting and tried to...
  6. sd card not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card not accessible: I have updated my windows to a new version and now I have access issues with an SD card that is on my machine. The computer seems to know it's there as it's listed in my computer but it can't be read, has no letter assigned to the volume but I can't format it as it says...
  7. Permission denied on external drive (SD card)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission denied on external drive (SD card): States permission denied and that to fix go to properties and look for the security tab. There is no security tab in the properties! I have no clue what to do next! This card worked before!...
  8. W10 denies access to SD card. Logged in as Administrator. Share for SD card set to Full...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    W10 denies access to SD card. Logged in as Administrator. Share for SD card set to Full...: Have tried to use command line TAKEOWN with simple path :G as shown in File Explorer but rejected. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-denies-access-to-sd-card-logged-in-as/ad52ebfc-d5b3-4386-906e-29d79649d3dd"
  9. Access denied to new microSDXC UHS-I SD card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access denied to new microSDXC UHS-I SD card: Running HP ProBook 650 G4 under W10 - all fully up-to-date. Mounted new microSDXC UHS-I SD card, attempted to access and got "access denied". Set properties to share with all users on the PC, with full control permissions. Still access denied. What is solution please?...
  10. Micro SD Card Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Micro SD Card Help: I have a Dell Venue 8 Tablet. A 64 Gb. Micro SD Card is plugged in and exFat formatted. I have around 40 Gig's of data on this card. Right now, I'm having a problem with the Tablet and am trying to transfer all the data to my Desktop. the card is not being read by the...