Windows 10: Access denied to Windows 10 programs.

Discus and support Access denied to Windows 10 programs. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is access denied Word, Power Point etc. with no warning? I purchased Microsoft Office with this laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dougc4364, May 26, 2020.

1. dougc4364 Win User

Access denied to Windows 10 programs.

Why is access denied Word, Power Point etc. with no warning? I purchased Microsoft Office with this laptop.

:)

dougc4364, May 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 26, 2020
  3. Radney Dri, May 26, 2020
  4. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

1. Access denied to Windows 10 programs. - Similar Threads - Access denied programs

2. Program Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Access is Denied: Hello,I installed an app yesterday. I run it and it was working fine. Today, when I tried to run the app, it says access is denied. I am using Windows 11. I tried many possible solutions:Run as administrator.Change compabilility mode.Reduce user account control...
  3. Program Access is Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Access is Denied: Hello,I installed an app yesterday. I run it and it was working fine. Today, when I tried to run the app, it says access is denied. I am using Windows 11. I tried many possible solutions:Run as administrator.Change compabilility mode.Reduce user account control...
  4. Access denied for programs previously working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied for programs previously working: I am having the problem of being denied access to programs that have been previously downloaded and WORKING! This has been happening frequently after 8 months of the system working just fine. I have tried everything I can think of to solve this. I have wiped the hard drive...
  5. Access denied for programs previously working

Access denied for programs previously working: I am having the problem of being denied access to programs that have been previously downloaded and WORKING! This has been happening frequently after 8 months of the system working just fine. I have tried everything I can think of to solve this. I have wiped the hard drive...
  6. Access denied on nearly all programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied on nearly all programs: I have a custom build windows 10 rig, and I've had it since november of 2021, recently I've had error messages stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." whenever I would try to install...
  7. Access denied on nearly all programs

Access denied on nearly all programs: I have a custom build windows 10 rig, and I've had it since november of 2021, recently I've had error messages stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." whenever I would try to install...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update denying access to MYOB program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update denying access to MYOB program: Hi, can anyone help with my issue of not being able to access my MYOB client files now that my pc has received the latest windows 10 update, I have tried doing what majorgreeks.com have suggested to override the problems but haven't had any success with that, I need to...
  9. Access to Program Files denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to Program Files denied: I've set up Avast to run my daily scan via the program ashcmd.exe and then display the report file, "quick.txt", which is stored in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software. I was able to edit the report and save it last week but today I got the message Access to C:\ProgramData\AVAST...
  10. Access Denies Program Data

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denies Program Data: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro and I have screwed up permissions on C:\Programdata and I can no longer install software. The reason for this is as follows... - I was trying to restrict access / control etc to the folder C:\Programdata for all users on my...