Windows 10: Access Denied upon changing an expired password?

Discus and support Access Denied upon changing an expired password? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have a bit of a problem. On my work desktop, I'm using Windows 10 on a VMware virtual machine. I have to log onto the server with the admin... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by amay0127, Jan 23, 2020.

1. amay0127 Win User

Access Denied upon changing an expired password?

Hi, I have a bit of a problem.

On my work desktop, I'm using Windows 10 on a VMware virtual machine.

I have to log onto the server with the admin account, but when I went to login, I was told the password had expired. On entering a new one I get Access Denied.

The admin user is a local user meant just for that virtual machine. I am also not able to log in with any other user local to my domain. Not quite sure how to fix this.

:)

amay0127, Jan 23, 2020

2. Password expired changed denied on lockscreen

Hi i need some help i cant log in to my computer it says password expired and i have to change my password. But when i change it it show access denied how am i suposed to do this ? Thx

Michael2905, Jan 23, 2020
  3. AJCB Win User
    Windows 10 Change Password Access Denied

Hi

I have a bit of a problem.

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Professional on it.

I wanted to change the domain from our Poland domain to our UK domain so changed it to a workgroup.

When I then went to logon it said that my password had expired and I had to enter a new one.

On entering a new one I get Access Denied.

I now cannot get into the laptop without changing the password but it won't allow me to change the password.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Aaron

4. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

1. Access Denied upon changing an expired password? - Similar Threads - Access Denied upon

2. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expiration: Greetings. I have Windows 11 Home Edition, and every month I'm getting a password expiraton notice. Is it possible to disable this annoying feature permamantly? I've searched the web and all I come up with is how to disable password expiation in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but...
  3. Access is denied: Admin reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access is denied: Admin reset password: I have 2 local user accounts in our new office PC, Senior and Junior users. I had the Senior account setup with password but forgot to tick the 'password never expires'. Meanwhile on the Junior account, I disabled its internet access by following a tutorial online about using...
  4. Access is denied: Admin reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access is denied: Admin reset password: I have 2 local user accounts in our new office PC, Senior and Junior users. I had the Senior account setup with password but forgot to tick the 'password never expires'. Meanwhile on the Junior account, I disabled its internet access by following a tutorial online about using...
  5. Access is denied: Admin reset password

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expiration: The Surface Pro 7 tablet running on Windows 10 prompts for a password reset. How can I stop this from happening? I have found answers but they don't work using netplwiz, control panel, etc.. Yet I also see Microsoft references that indicate this can be done....
  7. Expiring Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expiring Passwords: Yesterday when I attempted to sign into my computer, it said I had to change my password, which I did. Then I found directions on how to prevent it from happening again - so I never have to change it again. I understand it happens every 6 weeks. These are the directions I...
  8. 'Unable to save changes. Access is denied'...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Unable to save changes. Access is denied'...: OK in a Windows protected folder I can at least see why Microsoft want to safeguard key files. But even with UAC off, I am getting so fed up with being told I don't have permission to do this that or the other, or that access has been denied when I try to access/edit files or...
  9. Access Denied upon changing passoword

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access Denied upon changing passoword: Hi, I have a bit of a problem. On my work desktop, I'm using Windows 10 on a VMware virtual machine. I have to log onto the server with the admin account, but when I went to login, I was told the password had expired. On entering a new one I get Access Denied. The admin...
  10. is asking to change expired password on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is asking to change expired password on windows: is asking to change expired password on windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/is-asking-to-change-expired-password-on-windows/6ac1e122-7f99-4fc2-8eca-611ee10ab6c6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Access denied when changing expired password in windows 11 solved

2. windows 11 when enter password I get password expired message and then access denied

3. Windows 10 password expired access denied unableto open lockscreen