Windows 10: Access Denied upon changing passoword

Discus and support Access Denied upon changing passoword in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have a bit of a problem. On my work desktop, I'm using Windows 10 on a VMware virtual machine. I have to log onto the server with the admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LannaBeans, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Access Denied upon changing passoword

Hi, I have a bit of a problem.

On my work desktop, I'm using Windows 10 on a VMware virtual machine.

I have to log onto the server with the admin account, but when I went to login, I was told the password had expired. On entering a new one I get Access Denied.

The admin user is a local user meant just for that virtual machine. I am also not able to log in with any other user local to my domain. Not quite sure how to fix this.

submitted by /u/LannaBeans
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LannaBeans, Jan 23, 2020
  2. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

3. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

Access Denied upon changing passoword

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Access Denied upon changing passoword

1. Access Denied upon changing passoword - Similar Threads - Access Denied upon

2. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied: I receive this message. Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.kingsoopers.com/" on this server.Reference #18.94bf2617.1662145515.2efa39f. The website address has "https:". I have tried different suggestions to fix this but they haven't helped....
  3. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied: Hello. Why can't File explorer not access my external disk drive but computer detects it. Disk management shows that the drive is healthy, online and allocated. Chckdsk found no errors. Trouble shooter from disk management also can't find errors but when I want to access the...
  4. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access is denied: I try to get on Fox news website and I get a "access is denied" . how do I fix it? HP laptop w/win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied/4cdbc5fa-1e6b-42a6-aa48-1a36f8945e67
  5. 'Unable to save changes. Access is denied'...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Unable to save changes. Access is denied'...: OK in a Windows protected folder I can at least see why Microsoft want to safeguard key files. But even with UAC off, I am getting so fed up with being told I don't have permission to do this that or the other, or that access has been denied when I try to access/edit files or...
  6. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  7. Accidentally denied myself access to a important folder and cannot change back - access denied!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally denied myself access to a important folder and cannot change back - access denied!: Today I wanted to block permission for a user on my pc for a file and accidentaly I selected Users that mean my user was there too, I changed every permission to deny and now I cannot restore my permissions to that folder. I have nothing i can do, or? That folder is very...
  8. Access Denied upon changing an expired password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Access Denied upon changing an expired password?: Hi, I have a bit of a problem. On my work desktop, I'm using Windows 10 on a VMware virtual machine. I have to log onto the server with the admin account, but when I went to login, I was told the password had expired. On entering a new one I get Access Denied. The admin...
  9. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied: Having originally getting a warning that my desk top was not available after getting some updates i followed the instructions and copy paste the desktop file but now when rebooting desktop does not come up with the warning access is denied Back to square one !!...
  10. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d