Windows 10: Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge

Discus and support Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting this message upon clicking any link, TOP of page or Bottom... Overall or Individual... , that would lead to ANY support of SO FAR any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheFishman, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge

I am getting this message upon clicking any link, TOP of page or Bottom... Overall or Individual... , that would lead to ANY support of SO FAR any microsoft product I have tried.

You don't have permission to access "http://support.microsoft.com/windows" on this server.

Reference #18.64d23017.1579460024.97225cb9.

Since I do not have the Support blocked, logic kind of tells me that either they are having issues, OR that I am blocked from getting Support from Microsoft. However, considering my issue today is Edge browser, and the on going issue of 2-3 months at least being Win10 failing to update, those two things combined could easily be causing problems.

Sadly, the world may never know.

My question is if anyone have seen this message before and gotten to the point where you found out what it means. It doesn't come up on any combo of search params I have tried yet. Anything short of the whole message is really just to vague.

There is one other possibility for this... atm I have windows updates turned off... I got tired of the 15 minutes 2 and 3 times each day stuck in a boot loop so I solved the problem the only way possible. If no one responds as having seen this message before or as someone in the know who can tell me what the reason here is. Then I will unblock updates log enough to test a theory.

Thanks, I will try to remember I posted here. This only makes the second time in... oh my lets not even think about how many years.

Later

B.

:)

TheFishman, Jan 19, 2020

2. Accessing EDGE

Hello Dave,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Microsoft Edge, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser
    and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Task Manager.
      Click on Details tab.
    • Click on microsoftedgeCP.exe
      and click End task. (Do the same for all the Microsoft Edge files)
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post for further assistance about this issue.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Radney Dri, Jan 19, 2020
  4. EsMj Win User

Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge

1. Access Denied when attempting to contact support or update edge - Similar Threads - Access Denied attempting

2. Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account: I got an error when visiting www.efax.com/myaccount/login?returnPageKey=%2Fhomepage&timeout=.Error code: 1020Ray ID: 793e0b94192cb0d9Country: USData center: atl06IP: 68.169.151.26Timestamp: 2023-02-03 20:51:33 UTCTried to access through windows and edge; neither work. Cleared...
  3. Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account: I got an error when visiting www.efax.com/myaccount/login?returnPageKey=%2Fhomepage&timeout=.Error code: 1020Ray ID: 793e0b94192cb0d9Country: USData center: atl06IP: 68.169.151.26Timestamp: 2023-02-03 20:51:33 UTCTried to access through windows and edge; neither work. Cleared...
  4. Access denied when attempting to open efax site/ account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied

Attempting to Re-Enable Windows 10 Update Access Denied: I noticed that I haven't had Windows updates in a bit and I went to check. Under Windows Update on the Setting Panel nothing populates stating "Something went wrong. Try to open Settings later." When I checked under services I found both Windows sys. had been disabled, and...
  6. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  7. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  8. "access denied" for MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "access denied" for MS Edge: We have a PC which uses myxfinity.com as it's internet homepage. It has Edge, Firefox, and Chrome loaded. OS is Windows 11. Yesterday, Windows downloaded updates. After that, when we attempt to open the internet on Edge we get "access denied for this server". The other...
  9. "access denied" for MS Edge

"access denied" for MS Edge: We have a PC which uses myxfinity.com as it's internet homepage. It has Edge, Firefox, and Chrome loaded. OS is Windows 11. Yesterday, Windows downloaded updates. After that, when we attempt to open the internet on Edge we get "access denied for this server". The other...
  10. Access denied, contact system admin

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied, contact system admin: I just have a (I hope) simple question. I upgraded to Windows 10, and now any time I create a new doc, new excel sheet, try to scan something in to folders I have spent moths setting up and organizing - all tell me "access denied", contact system Admin? WTF... I am the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Access Denied You dont have permission to access http://support.microsoft.com/help/12407 on this server. Reference #18.cff0f748.1580100791.4c80236f

2. Access Denied You dont have permission to access http://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/licensing-errors.html on this server. Reference #18.3f18dd58.1580905003.be747520