Windows 10: Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options

Discus and support Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 ProFails to boot and gives a recovery 'loop' where it tries, and fails, to recover.I will do a clean install to restore the PC but I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DCOffice1, Jan 24, 2022.

1. DCOffice1 Win User

Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options

Windows 10 ProFails to boot and gives a recovery 'loop' where it tries, and fails, to recover.I will do a clean install to restore the PC but I want to get a key file first.I can open the CMD and can navigate to, and see, the file.I can insert a USB, and can navigate and see the drive.I can use CMD to create folders and files directly onto the USB.When I try to copy the file file I require from the c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\APPNAME\ to the USB I get 'Access Denied'I have tried formating the USB, a second USB and a MicroSD card - I get the same result in all cases.Any help would be apprec

:)

DCOffice1, Jan 24, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jan 24, 2022
  3. UNI
    Uni Win User
    Critical Service Failed - Automatic Repair and Advanced Options

Update:
    Tried the Repair disk. Still back to "Your pc ran into a problem", "Preparing automatic repair" followed by Advanced Options which have been tried again.

Would anyone recommend:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Otherwise, I have a bootable Win PE file waiting to be burned on to USB key, as suggested by other Forum user, but unsure what to do with it when (or if) it boots up the laptop.

4. Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options

USB Access is denied

Thank you, I've tried the steps, now I've got it working for the first 1 minute after the boot-up and after the minute it goes back to access denied error. When I tried to check for the security tab on the properties of the USB when connected it didn't
    have the security tab and instead it had 'ReadyBoost'. Can this be the problem?

Simon.K1234, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options

1. Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options - Similar Threads - Access Denied copying

2. Copy folder from CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy folder from CMD: Cannot log to Windows 10 anymore, however I can access CMD and I want to copy my folders/files, I managed to copy some of them by XCOPY but I couldn’t copy these 2 folders in the photo, So how can I copy them?...
  3. Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options: Windows 10 ProFails to boot and gives a recovery 'loop' where it tries, and fails, to recover.I will do a clean install to restore the PC but I want to get a key file first.I can open the CMD and can navigate to, and see, the file.I can insert a USB, and can navigate and see...
  4. Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied when copying to USB from CMD from failed boot Advanced Options: Windows 10 ProFails to boot and gives a recovery 'loop' where it tries, and fails, to recover.I will do a clean install to restore the PC but I want to get a key file first.I can open the CMD and can navigate to, and see, the file.I can insert a USB, and can navigate and see...
  5. Window fail to boot, it wont go to Advance Startup and even booting from USB fail.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window fail to boot, it wont go to Advance Startup and even booting from USB fail.: Hi,I have a Dell 7573 Laptop and 2 days ago it shutdown by itself while I was away for less than an hour. When I turn it on again, after the Dell logo, BSOD appear with stopcode of Machine Check Exception. I tried shutdown and restart a few times just so that the laptop will...
  6. CMD access denied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD access denied: I wanted to change my backup folder for iTunes. For that i need to type "mklink "C:\Users\morit\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" D:\iTunes\Backup" into the cmd. I started the cmd as administrator but it still denies the access. I already turned kaspary off...
  7. Blue screen boot loop, can't access advanced startup options or boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen boot loop, can't access advanced startup options or boot from USB: Hello, A vew days ago I ran into some blue screens when closing my windows 10 laptop. The third time this happend my laptop went into a boot loop. Which end with different blue screen error messages. So far i have seen: DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING...
  8. laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop stuck at advance options when booted and no drives are shown in cmd: hello there, when I start my laptop, it stucks at blank screen for a while and then it shows 2 options, advance options and turm of computer. I searched a bit and found a way to see if my drives are still there or not. When I opened notepad through cmd, and selected to open...
  9. CMD - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD - Access Denied: [ATTACH] 1 question. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-access-denied/9e96bbf5-05f4-4931-ad21-8eecfdd355c8
  10. Copy data files from a CDROM - access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy data files from a CDROM - access denied: I just upgraded to windows 10. I am trying to copy DATA files and folders from a DVD. This is not music, movies, or anything like that, these are data files I was able to access in prior versions of Windows 10 that I placed them on the DVD myself. I am told Access denied...