Windows 10: Access denied when force deleting a file

Discus and support Access denied when force deleting a file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The previous owner of my windows 10 laptop fell for a scam? involving a free burning studio from disc-maker.net. The program causes a pop-up to be on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by awkwardartist82, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Access denied when force deleting a file

The previous owner of my windows 10 laptop fell for a scam? involving a free burning studio from disc-maker.net. The program causes a pop-up to be on my screen all the time, and the pop up won't go away. I traced the file down and attempted to delete it, but since it's constantly running, it can't be deleted normally. I tried deleting the file using admin command prompts, but it just said access denied. How do I fix it?

edit: I don't feel comfortable doing a factory reset on the laptop, since that will bring the laptop back to windows 7, and I don't want to lose my important files or windows 10. If theres a way i can delete the virus thing without factory resetting, that would be great, thanks

:)

awkwardartist82, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Polterry Win User

Denied Access to delete files

Thanks for suggestions. I tried AVG Remover but it found nothing; probably because I had already deleted the bulk of the files. I also tried Command and Safe Mode but both gave Denied message. So the question remains how do I get access to delete files? Would changing to MS login at Start help?

Polterry, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    [Question] Delete files with denied access with batch scripts

'Access denied' may be because the file is open. Another cause of 'access denied' can be ownership and/or permissions. If it is permissions, try running the script as administrator.

By the way, you don't put a space between the '/' and the option letter, and the /A option on its own like that does nothing. It is for selecting files by attribute and should be followed by a colon and list of attributes, eg. /A:RSH

The SYSTAG.BIN file is usually created by Aomei Backupper and that may have the file open.

what is systag.bin? — AOMEI Forum

4. OnBoard Win User

Access denied when force deleting a file

Denied access to files

Yeah, that's "fun". Installed Vista on another HDD and it wouldn't let me delete the old one in the other, just access is denied. Changing the owners wasn't enough tho, had to do that, inherit all the rights from parent folder and then give full rights to my self on that folder *Smile Access denied when force deleting a file :)

OnBoard, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Access denied when force deleting a file

1. Access denied when force deleting a file - Similar Threads - Access denied force

2. Cant delete large file, "access denied"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant delete large file, "access denied": A couple years back I got Xbox game pass for my pc, and i installed Forza Horizons 5. I played it for a while and enjoyed it but then I ran out of game pass subscription. When i went to go uninstall it to free up some space it said it had uninstalled it fine and no longer...
  3. Cant delete large file, "access denied"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant delete large file, "access denied": A couple years back I got Xbox game pass for my pc, and i installed Forza Horizons 5. I played it for a while and enjoyed it but then I ran out of game pass subscription. When i went to go uninstall it to free up some space it said it had uninstalled it fine and no longer...
  4. Cant delete large file, "access denied"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  6. Access denied when attempting to delete folder

Access denied when attempting to delete folder: I upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, some time ago, and I wanted to delete the Windows.old folder--since I no longer need it.I was stopped by an "access denied" message. And yes, I am in ADMINISTRATOR mode, since I AM the owner of this machine.Really? I'm being denied...
  7. Windows 11 - Access Denied when deleting folder

Windows 11 - Access Denied when deleting folder: Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2I am the one and only user on my home PC so I am the administrator but when I try to delete some folders after having an installation, I get an error message stating that the access is denied, and I must have permission from my account to perform...
  8. Windows 11 - Access Denied when deleting folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Access Denied when deleting folder: Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2I am the one and only user on my home PC so I am the administrator but when I try to delete some folders after having an installation, I get an error message stating that the access is denied, and I must have permission from my account to perform...
  9. Deleting files/folders access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting files/folders access denied: Ok I have a flash drive connected to my network directly inserted into my router. After much research and toying with the settings I finally got it to show up in Windows File Explorer and it appears under "THIS PC" as one of my drives on the "NETWORK" and when I view...
  10. Denied Access to delete files

in Windows 10 Support
    Denied Access to delete files: I am experiencing the infamous Blue Screen irregularly and I suspect from reading posts it is linked to AVG Internet Security product. I bought this but later canceled it and thought I had uninstalled it. However later I found that the uninstallation left a lot, if not all,...