Windows 10: Access denied when moving user's document location

Discus and support Access denied when moving user's document location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem when I try to move the location where I stored files. The location isn't correct, it's stored into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nyoman Widnyana, May 24, 2020.

1. Access denied when moving user's document location

I have a problem when I try to move the location where I stored files.

The location isn't correct, it's stored into C:\users:\nyoman\onedrive\documents where it's supposed to be on C:\users\nyoman\documents. Whenever I try to move the location/restore it to default it says: can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access denied. Because it's stored to my onedrive, It's taking up my onedrive space.

I tried to look for some help, I did change the user's permission but it didn't help. I don't know where did I go wrong, is it the permission or other else.

So I try to figure whether if there are some folders that made me stuck, until then I figure that there are internet shortcuts of my one note in C:\users:\nyoman\onedrive\documents location. But whenever I try to delete it, it says that I have to delete it on the internet, from my onedrive account. I don't even remember when did I try to make that shortcut.

After that I went to open my onedrive account to delete it. But there is no internet shortcut of my onenote as I mentioned above. And still, the location where I stored my documents hasn't yet restored to normal.

Please help

:)

Nyoman Widnyana, May 24, 2020

2. Moved documents location. how do I restore it?

I moved my documents location from C:/Users/aaron/Documents to D:. It's not really ideal as the whole drive is dedicated to documents now. I probably should have made the file structure inside the D drive first. How do I fix it? I can't create a new folder inside my user folder, it gets automatically deleted. If I try to move its location anywhere i get the message 'folder can't be moved here: failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\recovery". Access is denied'. This is an empty partition

I'm running windows 10 pro 1909

Triskelion, May 24, 2020
  3. Moving my Documents folder

Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming
    Old location and New location to which I selected 'OK'. Then was presented with a text box:

Titled: This folder can’t be moved here

Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under

“C:\Users\Tom\Documents\{3b2ecaa1-94c6-4967-8b0b—9bb52a654fe9}_131865928617649895”.

Access is denied.

And my Documents file remains where it is.

Any ideas?

TomLudwig2, May 24, 2020
  4. aIex Win User

Access denied when moving user's document location

Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

1. copy Documents folder somewhere else
    2. unlink my OneDrive account
    3. log in again
    4. select different OneDrive folder
    5. don't sync anythin (untick all)
    6. restore default location
    7. copy previously copied Documents to default location (it was empty for me, when I did it)
    8. unlink OneDrive
    9. log in and select previous location
    10. (optional) go to OneDrive settings, 2nd tab (automatic saving or something), select that you want your documents to be saved on OneDrive instead of your computer.

Thema:

Access denied when moving user's document location

1. Access denied when moving user's document location - Similar Threads - Access denied moving

2. error "location is not available access is denied" when accessing folders in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error "location is not available access is denied" when accessing folders in the...: At first I tried to use the solutions I got by searching on Google such as Checking "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files. I also followed the first step on this article but nothing worked. Some backstory why I wanna...
  3. error "location is not available access is denied" when accessing folders in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error "location is not available access is denied" when accessing folders in the...: At first I tried to use the solutions I got by searching on Google such as Checking "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files. I also followed the first step on this article but nothing worked. Some backstory why I wanna...
  4. Access Denied for folder Document .Picture ,Videos with error this is no longer located...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied for folder Document .Picture ,Videos with error this is no longer located...: Hello Team.I am getting Access denied and This is no longer location issue in Windows 10 ,this i am getting for My documents , Pictures ,Videos and Music folder only. any one help me to resolve the issue. i am not able save or delete any file ,i have the admin access ....
  5. Location is not available: access is denied

Location is not available: access is denied: Hi, Switching back to PC from Mac. I just got a new laptop and new window 10 installed. I have this error message not sure how I can fix it. c:\Users\xxxx\Documents\ My Music is not accessible c:\Users\xxxx\Documents\ My Videos is not accessible...
  6. Access denied of "Documents"

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied of "Documents": Hi, I just recently realised that my folder "Documents" can't be edited. Whenever I try to delete a file or change a name in it, it just gives me the error of "Access denied" even though I am the admin of the computer. I provided a screenshot. [img] I found a .reg...
  7. Trying to relocate Documents from a OneDrive location to a HDD location, but access is denied

Trying to relocate Documents from a OneDrive location to a HDD location, but access is denied: I've set up a new PC, and having installed Win10 I plugged in my old HDD J: drive, and am trying to redirect the default Documents folder in the explorer This PC folder to the one on J:. Every time I try, though, I get the message "Can't move the folder because there is a...
  8. Access Denied Documents Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access Denied Documents Folder: I have a gaming mouse which is being denied access to my documents folder, I had some kind of issue like this before. . My security settings have given me occasional issue in the past. My only real concern is this program loads at start, I want it granted access to do...
  9. Access to Users/Documents denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access to Users/Documents denied: Hi all, Everything was working fine till now, then suddenly I get an error message that access to Users/jain/Documents is denied. I searched a bit online and I ended up unlinking my OneDrive account and enabling the hidden Administrator account to no vail. Its not just...
  10. Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denied - moving Pictures folder to default or other locations: I changed the location the of my Pictures folder from the default C:\users\myname\Pictures to D:\onedrive\pictures, Worked great until I decided to use new Google Photo on Google Drive. Using File Explorer, I moved all photos from D:\one drive\pictures to E:\Google...