Windows 10: Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer

Discus and support Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! What may be the reason I can't open an USB on my computer but my friend can with his computer? I get "Access denied" on the D-drive, and I right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rafflan, Sep 2, 2019.

1. rafflan Win User

Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer

Hi!

What may be the reason I can't open an USB on my computer but my friend can with his computer? I get "Access denied" on the D-drive, and I right clicked to check ownership of it but couldn't change it there. It looks like I should have access to it but have no idea. Both computers uses windows and it is NTFS. I have tried formatting it but didn't help

I recently bought this one which is: Kingston DataTraveler G3 32GB (USB 3.0)

Appreciate all help!

:)

rafflan, Sep 2, 2019

2. USB drive "Access denied" error

Hey all,

I'm using an OCZ diesel 4gb usb memory stick to transfer some stuffs between my house computer and the school computers and I tried to open up the drive through My Computer on the school's computers and it continually says access denied. It's never done that before so I'm slightly confused. I opened up its properties and it just has everything as blank. Is this a sign that the data on the stick went corrupt, or is the drive in the death process OR is this just another wonderful example of how wonderfully terrible my school's computers are?

Thanks *Smile Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer :)

Edit: I just switched to a different computer in the school and it works now??? I'm definitely not complaining but now am more curious? Anyone up for posing possible reasons as to why? I know I read that there are a few viruses or 3rd party apps that can conflict with USB drives. Unfortunately, I can't test anything because all admin stuffs are blocked.

jasper1605, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Ben Myers Win User

Usb devices not accessible

Try the USB device on a different computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Access denied when opening USB memory on my computer - Similar Threads - Access denied opening

2. Access Denied usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied usb: I can not access exterior usb drives. Keep getting location not found and access denied response. I did all the suggestions. It is visible in safe mode. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-usb/1f74f2fa-a6b4-4057-a43b-cdf25573cc91
  3. Access Denied usb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied usb: I can not access exterior usb drives. Keep getting location not found and access denied response. I did all the suggestions. It is visible in safe mode. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-usb/1f74f2fa-a6b4-4057-a43b-cdf25573cc91
  4. Computer access denied.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer access denied.: Hi i require assistance to verify my identity and unlock my compute linked to my Hotmail account.Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-access-denied/45c1ec62-f21e-45e8-82b8-9b9e4ccd5018
  5. Computer access denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer access denied.: Hi i require assistance to verify my identity and unlock my compute linked to my Hotmail account.Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-access-denied/45c1ec62-f21e-45e8-82b8-9b9e4ccd5018
  6. Access denied when accessing to USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access denied when accessing to USB drive: Hello Support, I have been trying to access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message. Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-when-accessing-to-usb-drive/6868d2d8-e022-4279-8182-214be97a481b
  7. USB device access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB device access denied: Hi After I cloned my OS to SSD, I am not able to access any USB drives in any of the USB slots. I am getting an error access is denied. When I run chkdsk in CMD admin mode , I get the following error: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk...
  8. usb access denied

usb access denied: i am using Rufus and I'm trying to flash to my flashdrive but windows keep telling me "error access to this device is denied". Sooo frugrated! Nicole https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-access-denied/059e66b2-7732-4556-8536-ca2daf1e9928
  9. later of reset my computer all my USB HDD are denied the access

later of reset my computer all my USB HDD are denied the access: Hello to everyone just have a problem i have reset my computer and later of the set up and etc when want to plug in in specific USB HDD all them get denied access, i have attempted everything but all goes to denied access and denied or wrong command line , i just have an HP...
  10. USB Access is denied

USB Access is denied: I've recently bought a brand new PC with Windows 10 Home. I've set everything up then plugged in my USB, an error message popped up saying that 'Access is denied'. I've looked everywhere but no luck. Anyone can help me? My account is an administrative account and when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access denied opening from windows phone