Windows 10: Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory

Discus and support Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm trying to change the virtual memory on my PC, and it will not save the changes I am making after inputting my own values on the control panel, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patryk Williams, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory

I'm trying to change the virtual memory on my PC, and it will not save the changes I am making after inputting my own values on the control panel, so then I referred to this other post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-virtual-memory-size-in-windows-10/904ed9f7-36fc-46c7-8fa7-17658704a6e4However, after putting this command into the command prompt:wmic computersystem where name="%computername%" set AutomaticManagedPagefile=falseand hitting enter, it comes up with:ERROR: Code = 0x80041003 Description = Access denied Facility = WMIHow would I go about fixing this?

:)

Patryk Williams, Jan 28, 2023

2. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory :) Thanks

jareinertson, Jan 28, 2023
  3. MarGeXL Win User
    Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Virtual Switch and Ethernet port General access denied error 0x80070005

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro and when I try to add external New Virtual Switch (via option „Virtual Switch Manager…”) to my current virtual machine I always receive warning message: „Can’t connect Ethernet port {signature} failed. General access denied error (0x80070005).”

Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory d4698150-6d69-4bad-b483-0d9fae4d99cd.png

Somebody knows how can I solve this problem?

MarGeXL, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory

Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

After upgrading to v1809 from v1803, I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On.

Since the upgrade, the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens
    several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.

Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command to delete all adapters and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory :) Thanks

JamesR_631, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory

1. Access denied when trying to switch form manage to custom virtual memory - Similar Threads - Access denied trying

2. Trying to change virtual memory size, but Access denied when trying to "switch form manage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to change virtual memory size, but Access denied when trying to "switch form manage...: I'm trying to change the virtual memory on my PC, and it will not save the changes I am making after inputting my own values on the control panel, so then I referred to this other post:...
  3. Trying to change virtual memory size, but Access denied when trying to "switch form manage...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to change virtual memory size, but Access denied when trying to "switch form manage...: I'm trying to change the virtual memory on my PC, and it will not save the changes I am making after inputting my own values on the control panel, so then I referred to this other post:...
  4. Trying to change virtual memory size, but Access denied when trying to "switch form manage...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Access denied when trying to chang priority.

Access denied when trying to chang priority.: When I try to change priority of my game Fifa 23 I get the text "Access denied" And i don't know why I've tried multiple tutorials on youtube and google but neither one has worked. Anyone know why i dont have acces? The game, and my account is both administartors....
  6. Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied: Hello I have a problem my external hard drive is broken and I need to initialize the disk but this gets in the way. Please help me asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager-access-denied/96949486-3f9c-4c8f-aff4-f3b262c2c6cd
  7. Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied

Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied: Hello I have a problem my external hard drive is broken and I need to initialize the disk but this gets in the way. Please help me asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager-access-denied/96949486-3f9c-4c8f-aff4-f3b262c2c6cd
  8. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  9. Unable to resize partition - Virtual Disk Manager, Access is Denied.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to resize partition - Virtual Disk Manager, Access is Denied.: I am trying to resize a partition that contains the OS files. When I try to use the Disk Management interface, I am able to see the partition, right click and select Extend Drive. Walks me through the screens but returns "Virtual Disk Manager, Access is Denied" error when I...
  10. Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual Disk Manager Access Denied: Hello I have a problem my external hard drive is broken and I need to initialize the disk but this gets in the way. Please help me asap[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk-manager-access-denied/ae295766-9a1d-4163-a6b6-80325094399f