Windows 10: Access Denied while clearing Event Viewer error in Powershell

Discus and support Access Denied while clearing Event Viewer error in Powershell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to cleat all the events in my event viewer as I had so many errors in the past 7 days. I opened powershell & ran as administrator & use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrSysop, Oct 20, 2016.

1. DrSysop Win User

Access Denied while clearing Event Viewer error in Powershell

I am trying to cleat all the events in my event viewer as I had so many errors in the past 7 days. I opened powershell & ran as administrator & use this command

wevtutil el | Foreach-Object {wevtutil cl “$_”}

& I had some access denied errors.

PS C:\Windows\system32> wevtutil el | Foreach-Object {wevtutil cl “$_”}
    Failed to clear log Microsoft-Windows-LiveId/Analytic. Access is denied.
    Failed to clear log Microsoft-Windows-LiveId/Operational. Access is denied.
    Failed to clear log Microsoft-Windows-USBVideo/Analytic. The instance name passed was not recognized as valid by a WMI data provider.

Is this normal? I still see the history last 24 hours & 7 days says still.

:)

DrSysop, Oct 20, 2016
  2. SkipHiggs Win User

Need help clearing operational file in Liveld in event viewer

When I try to clear the operational files in the Liveld part of event viewer, it give me a error code of Access is denied. How do I clear that file? It has some error codes in it?

SkipHiggs, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Getting access denied error message when trying to clear the event viewer logs

Original title: event view log LIVELD

When I clear event viewer manually going through the logs that have entries I can clear them all except for liveld. I keep getting error access denied.

David Snider, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

Access Denied while clearing Event Viewer error in Powershell

1. Access Denied while clearing Event Viewer error in Powershell - Similar Threads - Access Denied while

2. Can't Access Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Event Viewer: Win + R and type in services.msc or even event viewer in search and get a square box popup that's red at the top, the rest of the body is gray. In the red section in small letters is User Account Control and underneath that in larger letters is This app has been blocked for...
  3. Can't Access Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Event Viewer: Win + R and type in services.msc or even event viewer in search and get a square box popup that's red at the top, the rest of the body is gray. In the red section in small letters is User Account Control and underneath that in larger letters is This app has been blocked for...
  4. Access Denied In PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied In PowerShell: HelloI am New TO PowerShellI am Doing a script to disable some services in windowsI DID IT But NOT all of them Disabled Some OF them Won't Disable....This is the commend to understand me$Services = @ "ClipSVC" "wscsvc" foreach $Service in $Services { Stop-Service $Service...
  5. Access Denied In PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied In PowerShell: HelloI am New TO PowerShellI am Doing a script to disable some services in windowsI DID IT But NOT all of them Disabled Some OF them Won't Disable....This is the commend to understand me$Services = @ "ClipSVC" "wscsvc" foreach $Service in $Services { Stop-Service $Service...
  6. Access Denied In PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there a batch file to clear Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a batch file to clear Event Viewer?: I have one for Windows 7 and I was wondering if there was one out to clear the Event Viewer in Win 10 Home x64? OS Version10.0.18363.836 (Win10 19H2 [1909] November 2019 Update) I've just gotten Win 10 to behave as I like, but all the tweaking and restoring from backups,...
  8. Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?: Could someone make the "Clear All Event Viewer Logs using a BAT file" self starting such as making it run automatically on a daily basis or show me what code I would need to add to it to do that for me. I would just love to clear out the 10016s and 7031s codes daily. Thanks...
  9. Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information as event logs about significant events on your PC. Event logs are special files that record...
  10. Clearing event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing event viewer entries: How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to empty events from windows 10 event viewer access denied

2. windows liveid errors windows 10

3. cant clear windows liveid events log access denied windows 10

4. wevtutil.exe cl microsoft-windows-liveid/analyticfailed to clear log microsoft-windows-liveid/analytic.access is denied.,
  5. access denied liveid/operational,
  6. powershell clear all events access denied,
  7. powershell clear event log 1809,
  8. Failed to clear log Microsoft-Windows-LiveId/Analytic. Access is denied.