Windows 10: Access denied. You need permission.

Discus and support Access denied. You need permission. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI,I'm having issues in regards to transferring movie files to my external hard drive . Which is connected to my router. As a cheap alternative as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kingcarey, May 22, 2021.

1. kingcarey Win User

Access denied. You need permission.

HI,I'm having issues in regards to transferring movie files to my external hard drive . Which is connected to my router. As a cheap alternative as a nas system.The problem is , I can't transfer the files. It says access denied . You need permission.I've tried all the usual tricks. Admin check, malware virus check. It seems possi

:)

kingcarey, May 22, 2021
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to access a folder, it denies permission

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with permission.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.1. Is the issue specific with a particular folder?

2. What is the complete error message?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Corrupt User Account.

• Damaged files.

I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 1:
    I get an "Access Denied" error message when accessing or working with files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 22, 2021
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Access Denied You don't have permission to access "Welcome | USPS" on this server. Reference ###### Also, Ebay denied.

Hi,

We would like to know if you're still receiving the error message Access Denied You don't have permission to access on this server.

If yes, you may try following the suggestion of CarrotMuseum on this
    thread about adding the site to the trusted list.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Access denied. You need permission. - Similar Threads - Access denied need

2. You have been denied permission to access this folder ????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You have been denied permission to access this folder ????: so yeah im trying to access a hidden folder and i dont have access. im the only account plus administator on the pc.. what is going on???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-have-been-denied-permission-to-access-this/5bc133bb-0c9a-4f0c-92e7-6a2eec078d5b
  3. Folder access denied - you need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder access denied - you need permission to perform this action: I'm not able to delete a folder off of my C driveI am signed in as an administratorI tried all of the steps at this answer:...
  4. Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc

Access denied you do not have permission to access this pc: After upgrading to Win 10 version 20H2 and then going back to version 2004 because 20H2 caused the PC to run to slow and some programs would not open. I now can no longer access the PC that went through the upgrade and then roll back by the other 2 PC's that did not go...
  5. Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file."

Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file.": I am using Windows 10. My user account gives me Administrator privileges. I am trying to delete an unwanted program from my PC all files and folders. I am currently unable to do this - the error message described above is generated. I right clicked on the program folder...
  6. You have been denied permission to access this folder

You have been denied permission to access this folder: Hello! Thank your for taking the time to read. I recently upgraded my computer to windows 10 after having a computer hardware failure and replaced the hard drive. Now back and running. However I ran into a a few issues since, but the one that I need help with at this moment...
  7. “You have been denied permission to access this folder”

“You have been denied permission to access this folder”: why am i getting this? I been looking all over the internet on how to fix this and found some thing about a security tab but i dont see a security tab....
  8. Internet .... Access Denied You Don't have permission to access ....

in Browsers and Email
    Internet .... Access Denied You Don't have permission to access ....: While searching the web for a number of things using Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Avast SafeZone I came across: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.baskinrobbins.com/" on this server. Reference #18.a6921602.1473777976.6a63591 and Access...
  9. Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.

Access Denied. You don't have permission to access "" on this server.: ERROR MESSAGEAccess Denied You don't have permission to access "Steam Community :: Error" on this server.Reference #18.b1f31502.1439008845.47ab9a03 Hello there, I use steam. So basically what's happening is that sometimes, randomly I get this error message because of...
  10. Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this

in Windows 10 Support
    Destination Folder Access Denied - You need permission to perform this: Thank you Berton, if it's not too much trouble, could you please walk me through exactly how to map my drive? I watched a tutorial video about it and tried it, it created "Z:" for my mycloud, but did not do anything for solving the problem. Maybe I was doing it wrong.