Windows 10: Access Drive on Different Subnet

Discus and support Access Drive on Different Subnet in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peter S.1970, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Access Drive on Different Subnet

Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access the drive configuration page via a web browser.However, when I try to map the drive to a drive letter, I get credentials errors. Most particularly, an error which tells me:..... is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you

:)

Peter S.1970, Mar 28, 2022
  2. Ross211 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Mar 28, 2022
  3. Unable to access the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Alan,

As you are facing issues with accessing the external hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your devices?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to detect the device under Device Manager/ File Explorer?

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with yellow exclamatory mark in the Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager
    • Right click on the detected driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 28, 2022
  4. Access Drive on Different Subnet

Windows firewall block comunication to another subnet

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• How exactly have you setup the network connection between the different computers?
    • Do you have server Operating System in the network? Are you using a home network?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article to about internet related issues and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us with an update on issue with connecting to other subnet network, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 28, 2022
Thema:

Access Drive on Different Subnet

1. Access Drive on Different Subnet - Similar Threads - Access Drive Different

2. Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.: Hi, I have an active directory 172.16.44.0/23 with the DNS service active DNS 172.16.45.254, which works without problems, however if I create a new zone and try to resolve from another subnet 192.168.0.0/23 the error Non-Existen domain does not work. Using the same equipment...
  3. Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.: Hi, I have an active directory 172.16.44.0/23 with the DNS service active DNS 172.16.45.254, which works without problems, however if I create a new zone and try to resolve from another subnet 192.168.0.0/23 the error Non-Existen domain does not work. Using the same equipment...
  4. Beginners Subnetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginners Subnetting: I am taking a class in computer applications, and currently using Windows 11. I would like to know a safe website to get understanding on knowing about subnetting and doing assignments in the subject. Last place I checked I thought was Microsoft, then when they wanted to...
  5. Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets: I want to access DB server of a azure VM 1 situated on a subnet 1, resource group 1 from azure VM 2 situated on a subnet 2, resource group 2 , what appropriate steps should I take ?...
  6. Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets: I want to access DB server of a azure VM 1 situated on a subnet 1, resource group 1 from azure VM 2 situated on a subnet 2, resource group 2 , what appropriate steps should I take ?...
  7. Access Drive on Different Subnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Drive on Different Subnet: Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access...
  8. IPv4 Subnetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv4 Subnetting: According to recent data, I gather that host addresses of all zeros defines a subnet, all ones defines a broadcast address, the first host address is access to the LAN information, and host address 2 through broadcast address minus one are available for link-layer hosts...
  9. PC to PC On Different Subnet. Is It Possible? Should I?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC to PC On Different Subnet. Is It Possible? Should I?: Hi everyone. First time here. I finally have a router that uses VLAN's. My VLAN's are all separated with a few firewall rules that accept certain rules between certain subnets. I am using the VLAN's for security purposes in hopes of isolating a problem from infecting my...
  10. Can Windows 10 print to a printer on a different subnet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Windows 10 print to a printer on a different subnet?: How to add a printer to Windows 10 and the printer is on a different subnet? Router A gateway 192.168.1.1, and it is connected to the Internet Router B gateway 10.10.10.1, and it is hardwired to Router A Router A has a static route to Router B 10.10.10.1 and a static route...