Windows 10: Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 desktops one running win10 and the other running win10 pro. The Win10 Pro can see files on WIN10 but the Win10 can not see files on WIN10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertSmith510, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro

I have 2 desktops one running win10 and the other running win10 pro. The Win10 Pro can see files on WIN10 but the Win10 can not see files on WIN10 Pro. It states access is not available. All permissions have been given full control and still access is denied. Dell support for two days couldn't resolve the issues, so is there a hidden secret to my madness?

Bob

[Original Title: WIN 10 Pro]

:)

RobertSmith510, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro

1. Access File Problem in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Access File Problem

2. Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...: I downloaded the Router software which of course is zipped. I am the administrator. I am the only user. I right clicked on menu and said extract all, and set up file folder in program 86 files. I Picked Extract all, and got the message Access Denied. Need to have...
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...: I downloaded the Router software which of course is zipped. I am the administrator. I am the only user. I right clicked on menu and said extract all, and set up file folder in program 86 files. I Picked Extract all, and got the message Access Denied. Need to have...
  4. Windows 10 Pro - Problem with unzipping exe files due to Access Denied. Need help as this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problems accessing files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems accessing files: When I shut down my computer yesterday, everything seemed to be working fine - although it had crashed and restarted itself a few hours earlier. Today, I am unable to access Word or Excel. When I select any of my files to open them I get a message saying 'Windows cannot find...
  6. Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro and file problems

Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro and file problems: Finished my clean install, saved all of the important stuff for my computer. I installed my quicken 2017 app went to use my back up file and I get this: I have tried editing the permissions I have done everything I can possibly do I am at a loss and this file is an important...
  7. Problems accessing files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems accessing files on windows 10: I formatted my machine the other day and enter a slightly different name when I was setting up the user profile and now I am having many issues accessing some files stored on my computer and copies of the same files stored on a NAS. Whenever I try and open them, I get the...
  8. Problems accessing files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems accessing files on windows 10: I formatted my machine the other day and enter a slightly different name when I was setting up the user profile and now I am having many issues accessing some files stored on my computer and copies of the same files stored on a NAS. Whenever I try and open them, I get the...
  9. Booting Windows 10 PRO installed on two disks in one computer, file access problems

Booting Windows 10 PRO installed on two disks in one computer, file access problems: Problem: My PC has several HDD's than can boot. The booting disk is selected in the BIOS. After installing Windows 10 PRO the loose of access to some files or folders was observed when the booting disk was changed. This problem was not observed up to Windows 8 Pro. For this...
  10. problem accessing computer repair function in Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem accessing computer repair function in Windows 10 pro: I consulted Microsoft on how to do this and the various articles simply said select F11 at startup and it will take you to the appropriate screen. When I did this the computer went into Safe Mode is not what I wanted instead of offering the selection of repair computer and...