Windows 10: access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin

Discus and support access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; had an employee quite without notice. I need to remove them from our family but need to retain their data. How do I get access to their account to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Glenna Kells, Jun 12, 2024.

1. access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin

had an employee quite without notice. I need to remove them from our family but need to retain their data. How do I get access to their account to retrieve data without a password.

:)

Glenna Kells, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Shoshi Win User
    Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Jun 12, 2024
  4. access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin

Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin

1. access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin - Similar Threads - access files terminated

2. access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    access files from a terminated user - i don't have their password i'm admin: had an employee quite without notice. I need to remove them from our family but need to retain their data. How do I get access to their account to retrieve data without a password....
  3. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...: I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but...
  4. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...: I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but...
  5. I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...: Hello, as you can see on these two pictures, I have the necessary privileges yet I can't close the frozen Antimalware Service Executable program, why is that? Before you ask, this is just ONE among many programs I can't exit due to this error message, its not entirely related...
  6. I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...: Hello, as you can see on these two pictures, I have the necessary privileges yet I can't close the frozen Antimalware Service Executable program, why is that? Before you ask, this is just ONE among many programs I can't exit due to this error message, its not entirely related...
  7. I have an Admin account, yet I don't have access to terminate certain programs in the Task...

8. I don't have admin..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  9. I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm an admin, but I don't have any permissions.: Things on my computer have been really weird lately. It started with it not wanting to install programs because it couldn't get access to the file locations of where it wanted to install. Now, I can't even run .msi files or even basic .exe files without it telling me that I...
  10. Don't have access to admin account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't have access to admin account.: I recently got a new computer from a friend of mine at school (it runs windows 10). I was able to login to his account but i cannot wipe or add accounts because his fathers account is admin. I have tried to add the built in admin through the command screen but it gives me an...