Windows 10: Access files from other windows drive?

Discus and support Access files from other windows drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two installations of windows on two separate hard drives currently running. When i boot the pc it gives the option to choose from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pooperT100, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Access files from other windows drive?

I have two installations of windows on two separate hard drives currently running. When i boot the pc it gives the option to choose from my installations from windows 10 and 8.1 . I wish to be able to access all the files of each installation from either windows install. For example I currently cannot access the users folder of the windows 8.1 install from windows 10.

is there any to get complete access to both drives from either windows installation?

submitted by /u/pooperT100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pooperT100, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Unable to access flash drive after copying the files on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Flash drive on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • What happens when you try to erase/ delete/ format the drive?
    • Is the desktop running on Windows 10 operating system?
    • How exactly are you trying to access the drive on your system?

If you are connecting the drive through ports, I suggest you to connect to different ports and check if it helps.

Also, as the drive was unable to be accessed on both the system, this might be an issue with the hard drive as well.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Access files from other windows drive?

little cat, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Access files from other windows drive?

1. Access files from other windows drive? - Similar Threads - Access files drive

2. Access to other's files on family plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to other's files on family plan: We have a family microsoft plan. In my file explorer under the home tab I am able to see the recently used files by another account on the family plan. Is there any way to change this?...
  3. How to restrict other users from accessing files located on non-system drives?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restrict other users from accessing files located on non-system drives?: Hello everyone,Generally speaking, if you don't want other users to access a file, you can move the file to the system drive C > Users, and place it under a specific user's name.However, my current situation is that I have installed a new hard drive D and I want to restrict...
  4. How to restrict other users from accessing files located on non-system drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restrict other users from accessing files located on non-system drives?: Hello everyone,Generally speaking, if you don't want other users to access a file, you can move the file to the system drive C > Users, and place it under a specific user's name.However, my current situation is that I have installed a new hard drive D and I want to restrict...
  5. How to restrict other users from accessing files located on non-system drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Issues accessing files stored in one-drive from other apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues accessing files stored in one-drive from other apps: Hi, it is about three months that I started experiencing the following issue:If I try to access any file stored in my One-drive from an application such as MATLAB or WSL, the file is not automatically downloaded and thus I get errors such as "Error: short read, file may be...
  7. Can't access JPG files and other files.

Can't access JPG files and other files.: I am getting "Object Server is Stopping when OLE service Contacts it" This happened after Windows 10 software automatic upgrade. I can't access or open JPG files and files that I have scanned previously. How can I fix this issue?...
  8. Accessing files on drive

Accessing files on drive: Hi, my old laptop recently quit working. I saved the ssd for transferring certain settings to my new laptop, but I can't access my old user profile folder. I've tried to change the security settings and the ownership, but couldn't....
  9. Can't add folders (links) from other drives to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add folders (links) from other drives to Quick Access: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TwinSong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkachz/cant_add_folders_links_from_other_drives_to_quick/
  10. No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices

No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices: Since the recent update I can no longer see folders/files on external drives from other devices on my homegroup. Specifically, I have two external drives containing movie/video files which I can no longer access. I can access files on my hard drive. Any suggestions?...