Windows 10: access files on a Windows 8 hard drive within Windows 10

Discus and support access files on a Windows 8 hard drive within Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,My Windows 8 laptop wouldn't boot and I stupidly hadn't backed up all the files. The hard drive's fine and a friend has been able to access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Liz N., May 4, 2021.

1. Liz N. Win User

access files on a Windows 8 hard drive within Windows 10

Hello,My Windows 8 laptop wouldn't boot and I stupidly hadn't backed up all the files. The hard drive's fine and a friend has been able to access the files on a laptop running Ubuntu.I've put the hard drive in an external caddy and plugged into a Windows 10 laptop but can only see an efi folder.I've gone into properties for the disk and given full permissions to system, administrators, and everyone and within File Explorer, made sure the hidden items checkbox is ticked.Any help on how to access the files would be gratefully appreciated. Files are now being backed up regularly!

:)

Liz N., May 4, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 4, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 4, 2021
  4. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. access files on a Windows 8 hard drive within Windows 10 - Similar Threads - access files hard

2. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive: I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white paper’ and window said that the software is moved, name changed or deleted when I click it. There are also some problem of the...
  3. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive: I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white paper’ and window said that the software is moved, name changed or deleted when I click it. There are also some problem of the...
  4. Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10: I have the following problem.When I reinstall Windows on a computer following a non-booting issue, I normally plug the hard drive into my other computer to backup any required data before wiping it. I then reinstall Windows on the hard drive, and then plug the hard drive back...
  5. Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10: I have the following problem.When I reinstall Windows on a computer following a non-booting issue, I normally plug the hard drive into my other computer to backup any required data before wiping it. I then reinstall Windows on the hard drive, and then plug the hard drive back...
  6. Can't Access files on hard drive windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Portable hard drive and accessing files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Portable hard drive and accessing files: I have located my portable hard drive on my laptop Windows 10, but I'm struggling to locate the files. I've tried the "hidden files" option but all I see is my hard drive icon. Can anyone help me to view the files? Thanks...
  8. Unable to access hard drive in Windows 10

Unable to access hard drive in Windows 10: I am unable to access my hard drive in Windows 10. When I right click on the drive name, select properties, select security and select advanced, I am confronted with 'unable to display current owner: change. When I collect change I see ta box which asks me to select a user or...
  9. Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10

Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10: I have been having on start up my F drive being "repaired" but it cannot be accessed by Windows. Computer Management lists the disk as F: and as healthy! But the file system as RAW. There is also in addition the F: and C: an unidentified Volume with no file system which has a...
  10. How to access files hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to access files hard drive: Hi Folks, I have an ongoing problem due to a Windows update that installed overnight and I am unable to log in to my computer, and I cannot enter safe mode. I have blogged this separately. I want to be able to view and copy the files on my original Surface Pro computer...