Windows 10: Access in file search, etc is anything but quick

Discus and support Access in file search, etc is anything but quick in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When opening the file search dialogue, and opening the files, or opening anything in Control Panel, while access should be 'quick' it is as slow as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RogerStrahan, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Access in file search, etc is anything but quick

When opening the file search dialogue, and opening the files, or opening anything in Control Panel, while access should be 'quick' it is as slow as molasses. Get the green 'working' bar and it sets there with the little circle going around and around. This should be lightning fast, instead it just slows the computer to a crawl. I have actually had to shut down the dialogue because it just sets there. All settings are correct, it appears to be in the OS itself. Help.

:)

RogerStrahan, Jan 8, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Access in file search, etc is anything but quick

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Access in file search, etc is anything but quick

1. Access in file search, etc is anything but quick - Similar Threads - Access file search

2. Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access - files and folders dropping from Quick access: I use Quick access a lot. I have a system on which I reloaded windows and the files and folders I pin to Quick Access drop off. I haven't been able to find a specific action I am taking that makes them drop off. Some time it takes a while a day and sometimes it is much...
  3. File explorer is broken, not showing anything but an empty quick access

File explorer is broken, not showing anything but an empty quick access: When I open file explorer the thumbnails just shows the white paper symbol no matter if the file in question is a folder, picture, or anything else.Then when I close file explorer and open it again the only thing shown is an empty quick access screen.I've tried to run sfc...
  4. Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems

Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems: I'm at my wit's end. I've spent hours trying to *actually* hide some files, but it's not working. For some reason they still appear in the quick access search, even though I have indexing for them turned off. Nothing I do works. The weird thing is they only appear in the...
  5. Windows Explorer - Search Quick Access

Windows Explorer - Search Quick Access: What is the command line to search for these special characters from the Window Explorer Search Quick access textbox? " * < > ? / \ [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-search-quick-access/ed242ecb-aff8-4f44-8ff0-2c66129fb1cb
  6. Search quick access not working

Search quick access not working: First to know, this happens normally when the computer turns on and then is using a search. When I try to type something for search in "search quick access " search simply doesn't work at all. Sometimes it doesn't allow me to type a word to execute a search, and at the very...
  7. Quick Access Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Search Bar Not Working: When I search in file explorer, usually I can weed out certain file types quickly. Since I got my new computer, it’s not working consistently. Sometimes I search “videos” and nothing comes up even though there definitely are videos in that folder. I need this function to...
  8. Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder: Quick access contains the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Video On the right side of the window, there is a Quick access search field. Entering a search will find matching files in 3 folders but not matching files in the Pictures folder. If I navigate directly to the...
  9. Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder: In File Explorer, Quick Access I can search for files and will see results from Documents, Music, and Video. But to find anything in Pictures I have to navigate to that folder specifically to search it. I've looked in vain for a setting that would let the Pictures folder be...
  10. Problems trying to search in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems trying to search in Quick Access: Last machine was Windows 7, where I could search all of Favorites for words that I knew were in the file I wanted. Or I'd search on name:[string], where [string] is part of the filename. Worked great. I can't get a search in Quick Access to find anything, unless I first...