Windows 10: Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

Discus and support Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just installed brand new windows 10 pro on a brand new machine but when I want to change the CPU affinity on an app I always get access is denied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jonator_PSU, May 27, 2021.

1. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

I just installed brand new windows 10 pro on a brand new machine but when I want to change the CPU affinity on an app I always get access is denied error. I'm an admin on the system, there is no other user yet and I also have full access and permissions to the app I'm trying to change the affinity for. Also, I'm running task manager as administrator just to make sure. I have already restarted the system and updated it to latest updates but that did not help.I don't understand how a brand new installation of windows can have such problems... Also the fact that I need to purchase additional serv

:)

Jonator_PSU, May 27, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 27, 2021
  3. Ecovoy Win User
    How to "set affinity" for msmpeng when getting "access is denied"

Hi,

I'm unable to set or change process affinity for msmpeng (Windows Security Virus & threat protection). I'm logged-in with admin privileges. System is Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.928).

Does anyone know the steps to follow to achieve this? Thanks!

Ecovoy, May 27, 2021
  4. ayalvac Win User

Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

Task Manager: Access Denied (Setting Priority)

Even though I use the admin profile and launch the task manager as such I get the "access denied" message when I try to change priority of the processes or set affinity for them. I have the latest build of Windows 10 Home Edition. Is there any solution for
    this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ayalvac, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

1. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin - Similar Threads - Access denied changing

2. local Admin access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local Admin access denied: local Admin access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-admin-access-denied/bcd317bd-3be6-4344-a1e3-73cf0b65c8fe
  3. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.: My question is identical to this post: Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work - Microsoft CommunityI am also having trouble with the same task: 3dsmax.In searching through various posts, this issue has not been resolved. The 3dsmax process, when...
  4. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.: My question is identical to this post: Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work - Microsoft CommunityI am also having trouble with the same task: 3dsmax.In searching through various posts, this issue has not been resolved. The 3dsmax process, when...
  5. Access denied when trying to set affinity in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin: I just installed brand new windows 10 pro on a brand new machine but when I want to change the CPU affinity on an app I always get access is denied error. I'm an admin on the system, there is no other user yet and I also have full access and permissions to the app I'm trying...
  7. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin: I just installed brand new windows 10 pro on a brand new machine but when I want to change the CPU affinity on an app I always get access is denied error. I'm an admin on the system, there is no other user yet and I also have full access and permissions to the app I'm trying...
  8. Access is denied - changing affinity in windows 10 doesn't work admin

9. denies admin access for everything

denies admin access for everything: I am facing a issue in my pc, it asks me for admin access or denies me of admin access for literally everything. For example when i try to download something from my browser, it denies me of admin access and then I have to save it in a location other than desktop and then...
  10. Access denied for windows admin components

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access denied for windows admin components: Access denied for mmc.exe, Device Manager,gpedit on my win 10. Admin is the only user. Error Message: "An administrator has blocked you from running this app for your protection" Switched the Smart Screen off - no outcome; On elevated command, tried to restore the...