Windows 10: "Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,...

Discus and support "Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am getting "access is denied" whenever I try to insert any device via the usb port, external hard drive, usb flash drive, my android phone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PhilipAsmiralde, May 23, 2020.

1. "Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,...

Hello,

I am getting "access is denied" whenever I try to insert any device via the usb port, external hard drive, usb flash drive, my android phone, camera and even the cd drive. The devices would appear though on file explorer with a generic name but cannot be opened.

I have tried granting permissions via right click>security>advanced but it did not work.

I have tried accessing the devices through a new user on the same PC but I am still getting the same error.

:)

PhilipAsmiralde, May 23, 2020

2. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, May 23, 2020
  3. External drive access denied

i have an external drive, its working fine, and at one day i cant copy anything to my external drive, adn a few days later i cant access the external drive

it said access denied. ive browse a solution in internet but none of those work, so can i get the solution?

RendiRetnandito, May 23, 2020
  4. joeyCoyle Win User

"Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,...

Access Denied on External Drive

I was hoping that this take ownership feature would give me access to files I have on an external drive formatted with NTFS.

I am still receiving the following error when I try to copy a file from the external drive to anywhere on my local drive or if I try to play an mp3 song or open any office documents. I receive a message from these apps that the program cannot access this file.

"Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,... [​IMG]

I am prompted to provide permission but still get file access denied. I am currently logged in with an administrator account JCLATOP\Joe

joeyCoyle, May 23, 2020
Thema:

"Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,...

1. "Access is denied" error message on any external storage, external hardrive, cd drive,... - Similar Threads - Access denied error

2. External drive - Access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive - Access denied: Trying to use my drive like I normally do but when I connect it, it goes in and out like noises of it connecting and disconnecting noises. When I go to disk management and make sure it's initialized it says access denied, tried unplugging and replugging and the drive will...
  3. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  4. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied To External Storage Device: I use Shadow PC shadow.tech and they have port forwarding which I have working. My device shows up in the file explorer as my D drive, but when I go to open it, I get a dialogue with the header, "Location is not available," and next to a big red X, it reads, "D:\ is not...
  5. Access Denied To External Storage Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Access denied to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied to external drive: I have a high capacity NTFS formatted external drive that gives me Access denied error. I previously had it permanently plugged into one of these, although infrequently used, and recently encountered this problem. I have attempted all remedies I could find, on this and...
  7. Access Denied to any external drive

Access Denied to any external drive: Hi, Whenever I connect an usb or harddrive, my laptop gives me a "location not found: access denied" error. For my external harddrive I have tried everything I could find on the internet, I tried to take ownership, by going to the security tab and changing the owner to...
  8. Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied

Can't Access any external drive - Access Denied: I have just purchased a new computer W10 Pro and I can't access any external disk or via network. I have a laptop W10 Home and it has no problem reading these disks. The same disks can be accessed on the W7 computer. The message is YOU DONT HAVE PERMISSTION TO ACCESS THIS...
  9. denied access to external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    denied access to external drive: I tried to create a folder in my external USB drive but received a message that I have to get access permission. I don’t know how to get access permission in my Windows 10 PC...
  10. Access Denied on External Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denied on External Drive: I was hoping that this take ownership feature would give me access to files I have on an external drive formatted with NTFS. I am still receiving the following error when I try to copy a file from the external drive to anywhere on my local drive or if I try to play an mp3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows permission denied any external device