Windows 10: Access Is Denied for Target PC IP\c$ or \d$

Discus and support Access Is Denied for Target PC IP\c$ or \d$ in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While trying to communicate with another win7 or win10 Pc by using target PC IP address then /c$ is getting access is denied... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ragab Ramadan, May 31, 2019.

1. Access Is Denied for Target PC IP\c$ or \d$

While trying to communicate with another win7 or win10 Pc by using target PC IP address then /c$ is getting access is denied

:)

Ragab Ramadan, May 31, 2019
  2. bap2690 Win User

C: Access is denied

I tried to block C, D and F drive from standard users. Post that, I am not able to access these drives.

I tried both methods given in below link -

C drive access denied in windows 10

I am unable to use any regedit option as acessss to C drive is denied.

Still issue persist. Kindly siggest.

bap2690, May 31, 2019
  3. "Access is Denied" when attempting to move My Documents from Drive D: back to Drive C:

Hi Andre,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I would suggest you to take ownership of C:\ and D:\ drive and give full access permission. To do so, please visit the below link and go to the section
    Issue 1: I receive an "Access Denied" error message when I try to access or work with files and folders
    and try the steps provided. (Step applicable to Windows 10).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2623670

Hope it helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 31, 2019
  4. kkorotev Win User

Access Is Denied for Target PC IP\c$ or \d$

Access Denied

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""

I do this and the shortcut opens the command window

kkorotev, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Access Is Denied for Target PC IP\c$ or \d$

1. Access Is Denied for Target PC IP\c$ or \d$ - Similar Threads - Access Denied Target

2. Local disk D access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local disk D access denied: How to fix this ? every i make new folder [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-d-access-denied/87950c78-4e50-43c3-bb09-faf6ea96b147
  3. Corrupted D drive recycle bin and access denied to $Recycle.bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted D drive recycle bin and access denied to $Recycle.bin: hello so after i cleaned up files from my C drive and (i think i removed programs via control panel off the D drive), but anyways, this error pops up and then makes a steam error pop up reading something along the lines of steam unable to write to the D Drive (where my...
  4. pc local disk - access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc local disk - access denied: I don't know how to have access back for my local disk.Can I please get help fast? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-local-disk-access-denied/0cfe0c4f-a8e8-499f-9671-76531e6aa14a
  5. Dell Inspiron PC Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dell Inspiron PC Desktop is not accessible. Access Denied: Hello. My Dell PC is not working properly. It says Location is not available. Then underneath it says C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible . Access Denied Please help. Thank you, Jasnielka...
  6. Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied: I`m not able to open my drive D:\ . When I try, I get message, not accessible, access denied. This error came as a result of removing all sharing privileges to the drive. immediately I finished the process of removing sharing of any file on the drive, I was not able to access...
  7. Access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access is denied: I'm trying to free on space on Drive C: and cannot get into "Documents and Settings" or see what space it's using. Just "not accessible Access is Denied". It looks like it's a shortcut, not a folder. Guess it's a Win 10 thing ? Can I get around this anyhow ?...
  8. WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied: Finally in version 10565 you are able to move/install Apps to other location than C:\Program Files\WindowsApps To change permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to be able to see what was inside the folder was easy however to do the same on D:\WindowsApps seems to be...
  9. Access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied: As a windows 10 administrator (the only one) I keep getting access denied when I try to open the application data folder. My Win 10 was an upgrade from win 7. This is as frustrating as h--l! Can anyone sort it for me. Make sure you describe whatever I have to do in...
  10. Access is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Access is denied: [img] Hi when I go to This pc-Local Disc c-Users-admin there are a lot of short cuts that bring up an error message [img] can these be deleted or can someone explain what they are. Cheers............ 27263