Windows 10: "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders

Discus and support "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day,I have a desktop Windows 7 Professional & a laptop Windows 10 Professional which are joined to the similar Active Directory domain & I can log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LowWH, Oct 25, 2021.

1. LowWH Win User

"Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders

Good day,I have a desktop Windows 7 Professional & a laptop Windows 10 Professional which are joined to the similar Active Directory domain & I can log into both desktop & laptop.My laptop Windows 10 Professional can access the share folder assuming the share folder's name is ABC easily. However, my desktop Windows 7 Professional can't access the share folder ABC.For your information, my Windows domain user account & my colleagues' Windows domain user account are placed into a Windows domain group account manually created. Then, the NTFS permission & Share Folde

:)

LowWH, Oct 25, 2021

2. "Access Denied" message on trying to access network shared folders

Hello Everyone,

Have a situation, would appreciate your valuable support and answer on this.

I have a small office environment with a Windows Server 2012 Standard edition in place along with 6 Windows PCs connected to a basic network system, wherein which non of the clients are connected to the server via active directory but work as individual
    workstations. The dhcp and dns is provided by the router itself.

Now the Server has a tally server software running, along with the clients running the tally client software on their systems respectively.

We have a couple of folders on the server that needs to be shared on the network in order for the client PCs to be able to access these folders for the tally to work properly.

The server already has active directory installed on it with some users created for that domain, now the necessary users have been given full privileges to access these shared folders.

However, when we type in the \\ and server IP to access these shared folder we get an login page, then when typing that full privilege user's name and password, we get the access denied message, which happens to occur via my network places, etc. But for
    some reason depending on the moment or time, the PC suddenly can access these shared folders via my network places and can be mapped after typing in the username and password, so then tally works.

Although typing in the server IP to access these shared folders never goes in, and says access denied again.(even though we can access those shared folders during that moment)

Now I don't think this is a windows 10 issue, cause its the same problem with other versions of windows as well.

Appreciate if you can help me out.

Thank You

SharkfinHW, Oct 25, 2021
  3. LoneZ Win User
    Access denied on windows 7

My friend copied a folder for me through a pendrive and I could copy all of the files
    except an application file(exe.) saying that "file access denied"and I require to get permission from the file owner or contact the administrator.

I read the tips on changing ownership but this whole folder does not have a "security" tab in the properties menu. The same goes to the application file itself.

So what can I do now?*Confused "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders :confused:
    Its frustrating.

LoneZ, Oct 25, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

"Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders

File sharing between Windows 7 and Windows XP

I have 2 computers... one is using windows 7, the other is on windows xp. I want to share a folder, but the share button is greyed out, so I have to use advanced sharing. I click on advanced sharing and check the box that says "share this folder" and click ok. Then I go to my XP machine, go to map network drive and point it to the folder, but when I try to access it, it says "Z:\ is not accessable. Access denied."

Uhh... how do I fix this so I can use my shared folder?

Thema:

1. "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders - Similar Threads - Access Denied message

2. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  3. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  4. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Access is Denied" message appear in Windows 7 Professional client when accessing share folders: Good day,I have a desktop Windows 7 Professional & a laptop Windows 10 Professional which are joined to the similar Active Directory domain & I can log into both desktop & laptop.My laptop Windows 10 Professional can access the share folder assuming the share folder's name is...
  6. Access Denied Message

Access Denied Message: Hi when I try to open certain travel operator websites eg Jet2.com, TUI etc I get the Access Denied message. I've tried to open on on Explorer, Edge & Google but nothing works.Does anyone now I can correct this please? Thanks...
  7. Accessing Windows 7 share folder

Accessing Windows 7 share folder: Hi there! I have a Windows 10 Pro computer W10P from which I would like to connect to a share folder on my Windows 7 W7 computer but I can't get it to work: [ATTACH] Same network, etc. etc., the machines are able to ping each other. I also have a Windows 10 Home W10H...
  8. Accessed Denied Message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessed Denied Message: I was trying to look on a few retail sites DSW, Lowes tonight and for the first time received this message: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.lowes.com/" on this server. Reference #18.6ffb3b17.1592013686.4233a38 Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  9. "Access Denied" message

"Access Denied" message: I get an "Access Denied" message when attempting to connect to a shopping site I use on a regular basis. Please understand that I have few tech skills or vocabulary....all of the YouTube instructions are impossible to understand. I need a step by step instruction that I can...
  10. "Access Denied" message on trying to access network shared folders

"Access Denied" message on trying to access network shared folders: Hello Everyone, Have a situation, would appreciate your valuable support and answer on this. I have a small office environment with a Windows Server 2012 Standard edition in place along with 6 Windows PCs connected to a basic network system, wherein which non of the...