Windows 10: Access is denied on DiskPart when trying to clean SanDisk Ultra Fit used as bootable drive

Discus and support Access is denied on DiskPart when trying to clean SanDisk Ultra Fit used as bootable drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago I used etcher to create a bootable Debian on a 16GB SanDisk Ultra Fit. Today I wanted to clean it to load another OS on it but I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nicolam__, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Access is denied on DiskPart when trying to clean SanDisk Ultra Fit used as bootable drive

A few days ago I used etcher to create a bootable Debian on a 16GB SanDisk Ultra Fit. Today I wanted to clean it to load another OS on it but I get this error:

Diskpart has encountered an error: Access is denied

And a pop up saying the directory name is invalid. Checking the event viewer I get this error:

VDS Basic Provider Cannot zero sectors on disk Error code 5@0101000F

Also if I just click on the drive in the file explorer I get “please insert a disk”, so I guess it’s a readability problem but I’m not sure...

submitted by /u/nicolam__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nicolam__, Aug 2, 2020

2. SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive and bitlocker 128 gig

I have SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 gig and a 128gig . The bitlocker protection works great on my 64 gig but does not work on my 128gig. As I try to turn on bitlocker on my 128 gig as it encrypts the drive it keeps locking and unlocking the drive
    asking me for password it never gets past the 23% no mater how long I leave it.

I returned the drive I thought it was a bad drive tired it on a new drive and still have the same issue.

The issue I cannot get 128 gig SanDisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive to be encrypted. I tried to format and tried it again no luck I tried different USB port on my machine and no luck I even tried a different machine and no luck. it keeps locking and unlocking
    the drive asking me for password it never gets past the 23% no mater how long I leave it.

Contacted Scandisk and they refer me to Microsoft

lopez60120, Aug 2, 2020
  3. E71 & Sandisk 8GB Ultra/Extreme

As of my knowledge a micro SDHC of

• Class 2 gives 2MBPS data transfer
    • Class 4 gives 4 MBPS,
    • Class 6 gives 6MBPS,
    • Sandisk Ultra gives 15MBPS
    • Sandisk Extreme gives 20MBPS

My question is whether the 8GB Sandisk Ultra & 8GB Sandisk Extreme can work in Nokia E71. If yes, will i get the full speed?

Thank you in advance

arunv707---01, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Access is denied on DiskPart when trying to clean SanDisk Ultra Fit used as bootable drive

Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive

Thanks for confirming that Ive got the Diskpart commands entered correctly.
    Im on Windows 10 version 1809 too. I think when I had the original conversation on here way back and other people said mark partition as active was greyed out on their UEFI systems too that I might have been on 1703 or 1709 maybe. It was a Sandisk 16gb Ultra 3.0 but I wouldn't have thought that should have made any difference as others were seeing the same as me in Disk Management

sportsfan148, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Access is denied on DiskPart when trying to clean SanDisk Ultra Fit used as bootable drive

1. Access is denied on DiskPart when trying to clean SanDisk Ultra Fit used as bootable drive - Similar Threads - Access denied DiskPart

2. Access denied when accessing to USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access denied when accessing to USB drive: Hello Support, I have been trying to access a USB drive on Windows 10, but have been greeted with the 'Access Denied' message. Best regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-when-accessing-to-usb-drive/6868d2d8-e022-4279-8182-214be97a481b
  3. Sandisk Ultra causes bluescreen shudown

Sandisk Ultra causes bluescreen shudown: I have bought a SanDisk Ultra 128GB USB 3 Flash Drive, but every time I put it in the PC, Windows 10, USB port it makes a buzz sound and goes to a blue screen with the message System Thread Exception Not Handled before restarting the computer. How can I fix this so that I can...
  4. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  5. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  6. Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive: Hi All, Ive decided to use Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive instead of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 media. Im just going to use the Media Creation Tool to download the iso image and diskpart to prepare the flash drive. Are the following...
  7. fixboot access denied not fixed by diskpart routine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fixboot access denied not fixed by diskpart routine: I have a win10 computer that won't boot and instead reports registry problems. Doing the bootrec routine I get 'access denied' on /fixboot. Following the routines described in the thread about that very thing right up to the last command: bcdbot c:\windows /s N:...
  8. DiskPart has encountered an error: Access is denied

in Windows 10 News
    DiskPart has encountered an error: Access is denied: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]DiskPart is a useful utility when it comes to managing the disks on a computer. Even if the GUI based disk management tools on the Windows 10 operating system fail, DiskPart always tends to work. This does not mean that [...] This post DiskPart has...
  9. Sandisk Ultra Dual Drive M3.0

Sandisk Ultra Dual Drive M3.0: I just purchased this USB stick today. When I start to run it on the computer it is giving me directions to follow a folder link that is not on the usb stick. The packaging tells me that I need a down load from the site but I cannot locate the drive I need. If I cannot get...
  10. Sandisk 64gb ultra fit doesn't work anymore

Sandisk 64gb ultra fit doesn't work anymore: hi guys, I have a 64gb sandisk pen drive. I was using it as otg with my android device. on the android device it said the usb is corrupted do you want to fix and format? so i took the pen drive out and plugged back into laptop and it no longer works, i tried in to...