Windows 10: Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

Discus and support Access is denied when trying to zip a folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I noticed that my access is denied when I try and ZIP a folder. I have tried to zip numerous folders in my documents and pictures. I can edit and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cameron Mathis, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

Today I noticed that my access is denied when I try and ZIP a folder. I have tried to zip numerous folders in my documents and pictures. I can edit and save files in this location, just not zip them. I have tried checking the properties in the temp folder and I should have full control and I am on ad admin account. Does anyone have any idea what this problem could be?

Here is a picture of the error:

Access is denied when trying to zip a folder a0ddb8d8-0b23-4852-af4c-4b55f07dd2ca?upload=true.jpg

:)

Cameron Mathis, Jan 8, 2021

2. Access denied to zip file

Hi Stephanie,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a corrupted user profile. We have found a workaround regarding the "Access denied" error. Kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Copy the files that you want to zip.
    • Paste it in the Downloads folder.
    • From there, zip your file. You may follow the steps provided in this
      article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Transfering photos from a zipped folder to another folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to transfer photos from a zipped folder to another folder. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

You can use the Extract option to transfer the files from a zipped folder to another location. To do this refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to the location of zipped folder.
    2. Right click on the zipped folder and select
      Extract All
      , and follow the instructions.

For more information, see
    Zip and unzip files

If you receive access denied error when accessing the folders, refer the steps mentioned in the article

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

Cannot zip a folder, access denied - Windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to zip a folder by right clicking -> send to -> copressed zip. (windows 10)

I get a pop up "Unable to complete the operatio - access is denied.

So I am trying to follow this
    fix
    but when I click on "Edit environmental variables for your account" - nothing happens. No other system window pops up...

I just want to be able to zip a folder....

Thanks

M

MarkAttack, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Access is denied when trying to zip a folder

1. Access is denied when trying to zip a folder - Similar Threads - Access denied trying

2. Denied Folder Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Denied Folder Access: I am the sole administrator on my computer and there are also no other users, and when I click "security tab", it won't let me configure user access. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/denied-folder-access/e4b38c4a-8106-4783-96d4-8c2c6a35f528
  3. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  4. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Denied access when trying to share folder: I am trying to share a folder to another user on the network. I am the admin and I'm logged in, I've gone through all the security settings for the file but when I run the Quickbooks Server it tells me that the file is not shared and that I do not have the appropriate...
  5. Denied access when trying to share folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: When I try to delete an old windows 10 download it keeps saying "You require permission from DESKTOP-Name\my name to make changes to this folder. I already have take ownership of everything in it. But I still can't delete anything. [IMG]...
  7. Trying to connect to a shared folder - Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to connect to a shared folder - Access Denied: I have a Workstation with a shared folder and 4 other machines that I need them to access that shared folder. They are all the same machine configured the same way with the same IDs and passwords. 3 of the machines connected fine, but one is getting an access denied message...
  8. Folder Access Denied

Folder Access Denied: Hi, I keep receiving a pop-up box that tells me I need permission to perform this action. Why am I getting this when I am signed in as administrator? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-access-denied/c4b15789-9e65-47ab-afe0-04de0692824a
  9. Access to the compressed zipped folder is denied

Access to the compressed zipped folder is denied: [ATTACH] help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-the-compressed-zipped-folder-is-denied/9bbe03b7-758c-4042-8c60-33e9ba17c7df"
  10. "Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder

"Access is Denied" when trying to view contents of shared folder: So I bit the bullet and "upgraded" my laptop from Windows 7 to 10. I expected to find a few things that didn't work anymore, but not so soon as this. I keep it in sync with my desktop PC (running XP) by net-sharing its hard drive, with permission for full control granted to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zip access denied microsoft 10