Windows 10: Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service

Discus and support Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had trouble today with no audio from my computer. After troubleshooting and following guides online, I believe I have found the problem. In the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexHigginbottom, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service

I have had trouble today with no audio from my computer. After troubleshooting and following guides online, I believe I have found the problem. In the 'Services' panel the 'Windows Audio' service is not running. No matter what I do switching the 'Startup Type' to 'Automatic' and just pressing 'Run' it comes up with a box showing it is working before a window pops up saying "Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on local Computer. Error 0x80070005: Access is denied."

The problem is my user profile is the only one and has administrator privileges. This error started after a blue screen startup following the latest update, where the resolution was rolling back the update. I assume these are linked in someway, but any help or advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

:)

AlexHigginbottom, Jan 27, 2021

2. Audio Service not starting - access denied

My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803.

I have attempted the following:

• Re-installing audio drivers
    • Updating audio drivers
    • A full virus scan
    • A disk check
    • An SFC check
    • Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service are running
    None of these have succeeded in changing anything.
    Whenever I try to start the audio service, I get this error message:

Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service [​IMG]

This made me think it is potentially the firewall messing everything up, so I start up Windows Defender and get this error message:

Are these two problems related, and does anyone know how I can fix it?

EDIT:
    The Windows Defender Antivirus Service and Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service are both not running, and when I try to start them I get this error:

I imagine that this is connected in some way but I have no clue how to fix it.

Sulphuric Glue, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Windows Audio Service denied

Hello, I just started up my pc and I logged on and it seemed to be I have no audio at all. So I ran troubleshoot and the Windows Audio service was not working and when I tried starting it up it denied my access. The error code is "error 0x80070005: Access
    denied." And I already tried updating all my drivers.

ColeDankers, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service

Windows audio service access denied

After a windows update my windows Audio service will not start. When trying to start it normally i get a message saying error 0x80070005: access is denied. This is leaving my computer without sound. Also it seems to have stop windows updates from installing
    and i can't use a system restore point because it said it does not have permissions to access some files.

(DontPanic), Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service

1. Access is Denied: Windows Audio Service - Similar Threads - Access Denied Audio

2. Windows Audio Service denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Service denied: Hello, I just started up my pc and I logged on and it seemed to be I have no audio at all. So I ran troubleshoot and the Windows Audio service was not working and when I tried starting it up it denied my access. The error code is "error 0x80070005: Access denied." And I...
  3. Windows services access denied for wuauserv

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows services access denied for wuauserv: Hi, I am having trouble installing windows updates and apps from the microsoft store. When i try to install any app from the microsoft store I get the message "Windows Update is disabled. You can repair Windows Update by running the Windows Update troubleshooter in Settings...
  4. Windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio service access denied: Hi this might help with the problem on win 10 in component services goto mycomputer then DCOM Config find "microsoft audio device graph server" then change permissions to default...
  5. services : access is denied (windows 10)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    services : access is denied (windows 10): i wanna change services settings services access is denied windows 10 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/services-access-is-denied-windows-10/f5e54253-1f58-4fc5-94db-6abfd769ef0b"
  6. Cannot start windows audio service, access is denied

Cannot start windows audio service, access is denied: Hi, I recently restart my laptop and after that, I saw a red cross on my audio sign. I run the troubleshooting. It says one or more audio services isn't running. Then I go to the services. I saw windows audio endpoint builder is running. But the window audio is not...
  7. windows audio service access denied

windows audio service access denied: I have tryed everything to sort it. Nothing seams to work does anyone know how to sort this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-service-access-denied/55551572-6a80-40be-ae3d-c1ae767bff36
  8. Windows audio service access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio service access denied: After a windows update my windows Audio service will not start. When trying to start it normally i get a message saying error 0x80070005: access is denied. This is leaving my computer without sound. Also it seems to have stop windows updates from installing and i can't use a...
  9. Access denied - Audio Service not starting

Access denied - Audio Service not starting: My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803. I have attempted the following: Re-installing audio drivers Updating audio drivers A full virus scan A disk check An SFC check Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service...
  10. Audio Service not starting - access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Service not starting - access denied: My audio service is refusing to start regardless of what I try on Windows 10 1803. I have attempted the following: Re-installing audio drivers Updating audio drivers A full virus scan A disk check An SFC check Making sure all the dependencies of the Windows Audio Service...