Windows 10: Access my user files from another PC

Discus and support Access my user files from another PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to access files from my previous PC. I've restored the backup of that PC's C: drive to a vhdx virtual disk. I can mount it and access all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tibwin, Aug 3, 2020.

1. /u/tibwin Win User

Access my user files from another PC

I am trying to access files from my previous PC. I've restored the backup of that PC's C: drive to a vhdx virtual disk. I can mount it and access all of its files except the files in my user folder - I don't have access rights from my new computer. What to I need to do to access those files? I am on the most current version of Windows 10 (2004).

submitted by /u/tibwin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tibwin, Aug 3, 2020

2. How to transfer files and programs from one user to another on Windows 10

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for posting back.

Try the following steps to move file from one user account to another.

• Since, you have admin privileges, you can access all the folders and files on the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + E and go to C:\Users.
    • Click on the Account that you want to copy the files from.
    • Right click on the Folders (and/or files) and click on copy.
    • Now, go to the new user account folder and paste it. Repeat the steps a needed.

Hope this helps you. Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 3, 2020
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Pavan_N, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Access my user files from another PC - Similar Threads - Access user files

2. Transferring files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring files from one user to another: I original set up windows under an account/email that has since be closed. I want to transfer all my files currently on the old user account to my new user account but can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way I can move my files, apps, and setting that are on the old...
  3. Is there a way to access user files from another drive on the same PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to access user files from another drive on the same PC?: Hello not sure if anyone can help. I recently had a free trial from Avast to do a disk cleanup and so I did which ended up bricking my PC and being stuck on the scanning disk for errors loop. After trying different methods all day, I decided to put in a new hard drive and...
  4. Access OneDrive from another pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access OneDrive from another pc: Hi, I had an old pc which was retiring, so I put my documents in the OneDrive. I booted my new pc and opened OneDrive, to discover the copied documents were not there... There were however some old documents from a few years back, strangely. Are there different...
  5. Adding Another User to MY PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  6. Sharing a File with another user on my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sharing a File with another user on my PC: I have set up my PC on Windows Ten with Microsoft Office 07. I am the administrator and I have one other user who is not an administrator. I have a file that I want to share and I've followed the protocol for sharing using the Properties, Security, Adavaced route and...
  7. Removing my user from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing my user from another PC: Hello I wanted to share a folder on my hard drive from my PC, and I logged on with my credentials from the other PC in the network. Now the other PC can acces my files on my HDD, connect to me via Remote Desktop, and I dont want this The question is: How can I remove my...
  8. Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.

Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.: This is really weird. I have 2 computers. Computer A has 1 shared folder. Computer B has 2 users. Both are administrators. But only 1 user can access the shared folder. The other user has to enter the network credentials. Also new users have no access. How is this possible?...
  9. Another User's access to my installed app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another User's access to my installed app?: I have installed Minecraft as an Admin in my Laptop, Win 10. Can another User (Standard) play with my Minecraft from his Sign In? How?...
  10. How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?

How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?: Hey, So I have a hard drive on my laptop that I also want to be able to access on my desktop PC. How can I do this? I have already started off by going onto my laptop and into: This PC > (right click) C Drive > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions >...