Windows 10: Access ODBC connection stopped working

Discus and support Access ODBC connection stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Starting Monday, Feb 10, the ODBC connection on all my access databases stopped working. I cannot connect to the ODBC database, and Access keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken the Beancounter, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Access ODBC connection stopped working

Starting Monday, Feb 10, the ODBC connection on all my access databases stopped working. I cannot connect to the ODBC database, and Access keeps trying to open a second instance of the OSBC data, even though the source is open, the driver works, and the Windows 10 ODBC manager is set to use the open database. The datbase is QuickBooks 2017 and the driver is QODBC, just updated to current. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anybody have a solution?

:)

Ken the Beancounter, Feb 12, 2020

2. Setup ODBC Connection to Allow Remote Access

I got a Windows PC with MySQL installed and I'll need to access it remotely via ODBC from another machine on a different network. Is it possible and how can I do that?

I've Googled and found a lot of scattered information that confused me even more. I guess on the Windows PC, I'll need to install MySQL Connection ODBC Driver and create an ODBC System DSN. It works locally. But how can it allow remote access? On my remote machine, I plan to use PHP odbc_connect to connect to the Windows PC ODBC. Appreciate if anybody can provide the detail steps on how to configure it.

Kenaz Chan, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Docker01 Win User
    ODBC Connectivity

Hello Microsoft Forum,

I am using Easysoft ODBC to allow me to connect to various Servers. The connection keeps dropping which causes various jobs to fail. Would anyone have samples of code which would allow me to check the ODBC connections so that I would know in advance when
    these connections fail.

Thank You

Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Docker01, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Access ODBC connection stopped working

Odbc error

odbc driver manager Data source name not found and no default driver specified

this error occures when i try to connect to odbc excel driver from a program that already works in other pcs

i have already installed office 2016, access runtime x64 ( versions 2016 and 2013 just for test)

Please tell me this is not a microsoft bug !!

Thanks for help

KostasPapadopoulos1, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Access ODBC connection stopped working

1. Access ODBC connection stopped working - Similar Threads - Access ODBC connection

2. ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access: Hello, We're using Easylabel, it only can connect to Excel using an ODBC connection as shown in this tutorial: https://www.tharo.com/wp-content/uploads/eztutor/MP4/ODBC_training.mp4 We have ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access installed as shown in ODBC Data Source Administrator...
  3. ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access: Hello, We're using Easylabel, it only can connect to Excel using an ODBC connection as shown in this tutorial: https://www.tharo.com/wp-content/uploads/eztutor/MP4/ODBC_training.mp4 We have ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access installed as shown in ODBC Data Source Administrator...
  4. DB Connection through ODBC with SSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DB Connection through ODBC with SSL: Hello,I need to configure a connection to IBM informix DB through ODBC with SSL.I don't find where i can link a keystore or SSL conf to the DNSThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/db-connection-through-odbc-with-ssl/c3ef3ec2-1b9b-4939-9a0f-3e51340ff940
  5. DB Connection through ODBC with SSL

DB Connection through ODBC with SSL: Hello,I need to configure a connection to IBM informix DB through ODBC with SSL.I don't find where i can link a keystore or SSL conf to the DNSThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/db-connection-through-odbc-with-ssl/c3ef3ec2-1b9b-4939-9a0f-3e51340ff940
  6. ODBC Connection to Oracle SQL Developer

in Windows 10 Customization
    ODBC Connection to Oracle SQL Developer: I had posted this in the Oracle Community. They closed my post and told me to check with the .Net/Windows community. am developing an app for a client that will be using Oracle for the back end and MS Access for the front end.The attached image is the error I get when...
  7. Bluetooth connection stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth connection stopped working: When i turned on my computer, my speaker was not connected as usual, so i went to the Bluetooth settings, and it told me bluetooth was turned off. So i tried to update my drivers, but i could not find bluetooth anywhere. Next I ran the troubleshooter, but it told me my device...
  8. Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point

Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point: Hi All, I work with in a school environment, and I came across this issue due to a class activity ran by a teacher. The issue is as stated above, when a student laptop re-tethers to a new WAP sometime the camera app stops working and gives the error code "0xa00f4244...
  9. ODBC Connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ODBC Connectivity: Hello Microsoft Forum, I am using Easysoft ODBC to allow me to connect to various Servers. The connection keeps dropping which causes various jobs to fail. Would anyone have samples of code which would allow me to check the ODBC connections so that I would know in advance...
  10. ODBC Connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ODBC Connectivity: Hello Microsoft Forum, I am using Easysoft ODBC to allow me to connect to various Servers. The connection keeps dropping which causes various jobs to fail. Would anyone have samples of code which would allow me to check the ODBC connections so that I would know in advance...