Windows 10: Access OneDrive from another pc

Discus and support Access OneDrive from another pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I had an old pc which was retiring, so I put my documents in the OneDrive. I booted my new pc and opened OneDrive, to discover the copied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimZDE, Jan 14, 2021.

1. TimZDE Win User

Access OneDrive from another pc

Hi,

I had an old pc which was retiring, so I put my documents in the OneDrive. I booted my new pc and opened OneDrive, to discover the copied documents were not there... There were however some old documents from a few years back, strangely. Are there different OneDrives per pc? And if so, how can I recover the documents from the old pc? not physically - the pc with the hard drive is gone

Thank you

:)

TimZDE, Jan 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post somehow. *Sad

By default, the Documents from the Start list opens to Documents in This PC. The Documents folder in This PC is just a link of your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Documents" folder though.

Since it opens to your OneDrive location instead, it sounds like you have Documents set to save to OneDrive by default. You can use the same steps in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to set Documents to save to the default This PC only again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Access OneDrive from another pc [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 14, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Access OneDrive from another pc - Similar Threads - Access OneDrive another

2. Cannot sign into onedrive from another computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign into onedrive from another computer.: I cannot sign into OneDrive on another computer, the other PC it has signed in and it is backing up my folders as intended. I want to also backup my folders on my computer also to the same OneDrive.I did have some success before, but problem was it copied the same folder...
  3. Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.: I have 2 PCs. One is a Windows 10 desktop and the other is a Windows 11 laptop. About a year ago I set up a folder on my Windows 10 Desktop as a shared network folder. I then logged into my Windows 11 laptop and saved that folder and entered my credentials. I have been using...
  4. Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.: I have 2 PCs. One is a Windows 10 desktop and the other is a Windows 11 laptop. About a year ago I set up a folder on my Windows 10 Desktop as a shared network folder. I then logged into my Windows 11 laptop and saved that folder and entered my credentials. I have been using...
  5. One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC: Hi guys, Basically one of my hard drives can be accessed by another PC on the network (I'm checking via RDP). I have no idea how or why, but I want it to stop lol. In CMD after typing net share there is not shared network drive, looking in fsmgmt.msc it is not shared....
  6. Access my user files from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Access my user files from another PC: I am trying to access files from my previous PC. I've restored the backup of that PC's C: drive to a vhdx virtual disk. I can mount it and access all of its files except the files in my user folder - I don't have access rights from my new computer. What to I need to do to...
  7. Can not access Windows 10 drive from another PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not access Windows 10 drive from another PC: I've had a good look for an answer to this, so apologies if it's already on here. All the posts I've so far read seem to give alternative routes to do what I've been doing. For years I shared my old XP drives with a Windows 7 laptop but could never work out to share them...
  8. Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc

Onedrive does not synchronise after a password change from another pc: Hi there, I had to change my password a couple of weeks ago from a computer that was not mine and when I got home to chech the files I had already uploaded I could sign in again. How can I synchronise my account again without losing my files? I am kind of desperate...
  9. Sharing permissions and access from another PC

Sharing permissions and access from another PC: Hi all, I'm sure I'm missing something really simple but so far I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure this out and have all but given up and was hoping someone here might be able to give me some advice? I currently have three PCs (Two Win10s and a Win7) on a...
  10. How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?

How To Access A Hard Drive On My PC From Another PC?: Hey, So I have a hard drive on my laptop that I also want to be able to access on my desktop PC. How can I do this? I have already started off by going onto my laptop and into: This PC > (right click) C Drive > Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing > Permissions >...