Windows 10: Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Discus and support Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fifer, Jun 25, 2017.

1. fifer Win User

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration.
    I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has proved to be impossible. I can view and work with the notebooks in the Windows 10 app, but I can find no way to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010.
    The notebooks are in OneDrive online and I can see them there, but there is no option to open them in OneNote 2010.
    The links to the notebooks show up as internet shortcuts when I view my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, but if I try to open any of these in OneNote 2010, nothing happens.
    If I go to OneNote online, there is no option to use OneNote 2010 to open any of my notebooks.
    So am I just being dense? Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time!!)
    Or is there some secret way of doing something that should be simple?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

fifer, Jun 25, 2017
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 25, 2017
  3. WP7 Onenote Mobile Sync Issue

Hi Frobisher,

You have to explicitly repeat the procedure of opening the notebooks for every notebook present on SkyDrive.

Or you can copy the link to OneNote notebooks opened in OneNote desktop and mail yourself the link and invoke the hyperlinks from mail on Phone to open all the notebooks on phone. And OneNote Mobile does not support versions other than OneNote 2010. Please,
    make sure the notebooks in OneNote desktop client are all of OneNote 2010 version.

Let us know if this helps in getting to your sections on phone.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jun 25, 2017
Thema:

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

1. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010 - Similar Threads - Access OneNote notebooks

2. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote Closing Notebook Feature for Windows 10: Today, I clicked on "close a notebook" and it has disappeared from existence. I checked all my folders on my computer, it did not save anywhere. I tried looking at recently deleted on OneNote, it wasn't there. I thought that closing a notebook meant closing a notebook,...
  5. Remove a OneNote notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  6. Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Some notebooks created with OneNote 2010 won't open with OneNote 2016: Created several Notebooks using OneNote 2010. Moved to new laptop so downloaded free version of OneNote 2016 (not from Windows store). Some of the notebooks open, but when trying to open others, I get the message that I need Office 365 to view them. Why this inconsistent...
  7. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  8. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  9. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  10. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...