Windows 10: Access permission on windows 10

Discus and support Access permission on windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello good people, For last few months, my laptop doesn't ask for admin credentials for any administrative tasks. For example, If I want to run... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mahmudul Hasan, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Access permission on windows 10

Hello good people,

For last few months, my laptop doesn't ask for admin credentials for any administrative tasks.

For example, If I want to run Device Manager, It should ask for admin credentials, but instead of that it runs as standard user and says "You are logged in as a standard user......". Before it used to ask for my credentials, but doesn't ask anymore.

Any solutions?

Regards

Mahmudul Hasan

:)

Mahmudul Hasan, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Apr 29, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Access permission on windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Access permission on windows 10

1. Access permission on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Access permission

2. cannot get permission to access device,path or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot get permission to access device,path or file: windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access item. I have checked in PROPERTIES but all the permissions are greyed out. Your help would be appreciated. thank you...
  3. How to let prms write file? Access error: Unsufficient permissions?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to let prms write file? Access error: Unsufficient permissions?: On a Win10 computer I installed the well known archiver program 7zip I can start it. However when I want to create a new archive and let it write the resulting file onto the partiton e.g. into directory: C:\Program files\aaaasample\ then I got an error popup: Cannot...
  4. You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator

You do not have to permission to access (shared network resource) contact your administrator: Hi, This is a solution rather than a question. I found the question above, but not an answer. All suggested answers to this question were so ridiculously in depth for a basic drive share over a local LAN that I knew there must be a simpler solution. So I'm assuming you've...
  5. Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B

Error message: You do not have permission to access \\Computer-B: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro on computer-A along with a new motherboard. I'm trying to access files from other computers on my home network. I have created both shared and security permissions for Everyone on all three computers. Computer-A is on Ethernet...
  6. Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.

Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.: So I just clean installed Windows 10 version 1903 on a few of my computers. On one computer, I am trying to share the whole drive through simple sharing options but when I try to access that drive from another machine I get an unable to access due to permissions error....
  7. Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sharing entire drive gives permission access error, folders work fine.: So I just clean installed Windows 10 version 1903 on a few of my computers. On one computer, I am trying to share the whole drive through simple sharing options but when I try to access that drive from another machine I get an unable to access due to permissions error....
  8. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I click onto Network and double click onto the...
  9. Permission to access the drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to access the drive.: Dear Community, I wanted to change the permission status of the drive for a user account, instead, I changed for the administrative account. Just need to reactive the account. Please help me to activate it, as I go for the settings I see a message as below. I don't...
  10. You don't currently have permission to access this folder. (plot twist, it's not a folder).

You don't currently have permission to access this folder. (plot twist, it's not a folder).: Hi, When I try to open a mounted partition D:\ (exFat SSD) I get this error: You don't currently have permission to access this folder. Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder. So, I click just to get this error: You have been denied permission to...