Windows 10: Access permissions keep getting reset on home network since latest Windows 10 Creators update

Discus and support Access permissions keep getting reset on home network since latest Windows 10 Creators update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the removal of Homegroup from the Windows 10 Creators update, I have been running into a strange issue on my home network. BACKGROUND Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laurent Alquier, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Access permissions keep getting reset on home network since latest Windows 10 Creators update

Since the removal of Homegroup from the Windows 10 Creators update, I have been running into a strange issue on my home network.

BACKGROUND

Home network - single WiFi access point and router.

I am trying to keep some key folders in sync between a Surface Book 2 and a desktop PC.

Both machines are up to date with the latest windows updates.

I am using Defender out of the box for firewall and security and GoodSync as the synchronization software.

I created a local account on both machines, with the same credentials, to use for local file sharing. Both accounts are set as Administrator.

Before the Creators update dropped Homegroup, both machines could easily sync files once they were set up as part of the same Homegroup.

After the Creators update, file sharing was suddenly impossible. The Surface Book could not see file shares on the Desktop PC anymore.

I got that part working again by reinstalling SMBV1 as described here (https://appuals.com/fix-cannot-access-network-shares-after-update-1709/).

PROBLEM

After adding the local account to the permissions of the remote folders with Give Access To, I can see and browse my remote shared folders from the Surface Book.... for a time.

A day or so after I add the account to the permissions of the folders, I suddenly get Access Denied when trying to write back to the remote folders.

WORKAROUND

The only solution I found so far is to remove the local account from the permissions using Give Access To and re-add the same account again.

That allows me to synchronize files and write to the remote folders for a time. Until it gets locked in read only mode again.

Obviously, this workaround is getting old fast since I have to remove and re-add permissions for a dozen folders each time I want to synchronize them.

So in short, I can share access to remote folders for about a day or so before suddenly losing write access again.

I haven't found any comments about this particular issue so I am wondering if it can ring a bell for anyone here.

:)

Laurent Alquier, Jul 16, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Access permissions keep getting reset on home network since latest Windows 10 Creators update pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jul 16, 2018
  3. trparky Win User
    Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Jul 16, 2018
  4. rk3066 Win User

Access permissions keep getting reset on home network since latest Windows 10 Creators update

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Far as I know with every new creator update the windows ISO for 10 gets bigger as it contains All versions even the crap of S

Search for Windows ISO Latest in Google

Though yes if you use the App to contain just your version of windows you won't have this issue

rk3066, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Access permissions keep getting reset on home network since latest Windows 10 Creators update

1. Access permissions keep getting reset on home network since latest Windows 10 Creators update - Similar Threads - Access permissions keep

2. Home Network Access and Permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Network Access and Permission: I justpurchase a Dell Inspiron 6706 Laptop but have problem getting access to othercomputers on my Home network. On thatHome Network I also have a Dell XPX 8930 and a HP Laptop. All three machinesare running on Windows 10 latest version 10.0.1942 Build 1942. The issue:...
  3. Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since the latest update I cannot access outlook.live.com.: Since I have done the latest update I now cannot access outlook.live.com. outlook.live.com refused to connect. It has only occurred on 1 computer, all others are acting normal. Can anyone please help me with this?...
  4. Getting access permission

Getting access permission: Everytime I run a malware scanner, it returns the same PUPs, so I though I would manually check, but I am denied access to \ProgramData\ApplicationData\ and told to fix that in Security. That in turn lists four entities that might get permission. When for simplicity, I chose...
  5. file permissions home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file permissions home network: I have 2 computers at home running windows 10, same microsoft login Now when I'm connect to my personal LAN I would like to have both computers being able to browse each others files, so I can use the local network to transfer files both ways I tried giving all...
  6. Cannot get access to the computers on Home network

Cannot get access to the computers on Home network: I haven’t been able to get access to other computers on my home wifi network since the last Windows 10 update. I receive an error message: you do not have permission to access (a particular computer). Contact administrator to request access. Any help is appreciated Windows...
  7. Permission to home network

Permission to home network: I created a home network and all PCs are shown in the folder. But I was surprised to see that I don’t have any permission to access the other PCs. How can I get this permission?...
  8. Text Size Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size Since Creators Update: Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size....
  9. Creators Update and Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update and Windows 10 Home: Hello, I have two laptops with Win10 Home that I update only sometimes (because the WU service is disabled and because I do when I want to do it). I just update it and everything was fine but it didn't download the CU patch. Also, I try to force the "Search for updates"...
  10. Blurry text since Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text since Creators Update.: I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. permissions keep getting reset