Windows 10: Access point not listed on wireless network connection

Discus and support Access point not listed on wireless network connection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi forum This is my first time. I have a refurbished HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home which working fine. The point is that a specific AP I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ventano, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Ventano Win User

Access point not listed on wireless network connection

Hi forum
    This is my first time.
    I have a refurbished HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home which working fine.
    The point is that a specific AP I need to connect is not listed among the network available in range.
    I know that the access point is working because I have other laptop with Windows 7 in the same location which is detecting it.
    Thank for some help.

:)

Ventano, Nov 8, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Configure Wireless Access Point

I have an existing network using a Buffalo N300 wireless router configured as 192.168.11 and 255.255.255

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV with internet capability and would like to connect a second router – the Belkin F5D-8233 – as an access point for the TV. As I already have the router, it is cheaper than me purchasing the Sony wireless dongle.

Essentially, the Buffalo is connected to my PC in one room and provides the internet access. The Belkin would be in another room, connected via Ethernet to the TV.

I have set the Belkin up to use 192.168.11.10 with the same SSID and security settings as the Buffalo. I have also set it up as an Access point.

I have connected the Belkin and the Buffalo together via the Ethernet LAN ports to try and do an initial configuration but I cannot see the Belkin when I do this even though the LAN ports light up.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to configure the Belkin so that it gets internet access wirelessly in the other room?

I have been able to confure the TV so that it sees and connects to the Belkin but obviously this is of little use unless it can connect to the internet through that connection.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Lowtrawler, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Access point not listed on wireless network connection

Unable to display list of wireless networks.

Hi Richard,

Wireless networks could be set as a private network and that could be a possible reason why you are experiencing issues with viewing some wireless networks within your area. For us to provide better assistance, we would need to know if you are trying to
    connect to a public wireless network.

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest performing network reset. Follow these steps to do so:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Under Status, look for Network troubleshooter and then click on Network reset.
    • Restart your computer once the process completed.

If the same issue persists, you can follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . It provides information and steps on how to address network connection issues in Windows 10.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Access point not listed on wireless network connection

1. Access point not listed on wireless network connection - Similar Threads - Access point listed

2. Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point: Bought a new Gaming PC - It connects to my home internet for periods at a time. Shortly after connection it will disconnect and then refuse to connect to the internet until a troubleshoot has been completed and resolved the issue.The trouble shoot produces: “a network cable...
  3. Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point: Bought a new Gaming PC - It connects to my home internet for periods at a time. Shortly after connection it will disconnect and then refuse to connect to the internet until a troubleshoot has been completed and resolved the issue.The trouble shoot produces: “a network cable...
  4. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with wireless adapter or access point: Everyone else is able to access the internet but me. I keep clicking on the wifi my house uses, but it keeps saying 'cannot connect to this network'...
  5. Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point

Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point: I have bought a Lenovo Legion Y7000P-1060 laptop where Windows 10 Home was pre-installed. The problem that I am facing since day 1, every time that I start up my laptop is unable to connect to the wireless network of my home that I have to lunch troubleshooting which gives...
  6. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: I was unable to find an answer to this problem in the forum, but I did find something on my own and wanted to post it in case it helps others. I was unable to reply in the already existing thread. My new laptop kept dropping off of the wifi network randomly. I would run a...
  7. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: My wifi is frequently going down. It says I have signal but I can't do anything on the internet. I troubleshoot it and it says the problem found was: Problem with wireless adapter or access point. It also then has a green tick next to it saying fixed. I close the...
  8. Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection: Hi, my pc constantly loses internet connection. I'm connected to WiFi and the next minute the pc can't find any wireless network. I always have to re-initiate the pc for the networks to appear again. How can I solve this issue for good?...
  9. Problem with wireless adapter or Access point

Problem with wireless adapter or Access point: I lose wifi connection and I have to reboot to resolve problem at least one a day. How can I stop the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wireless-adapter-or-access-point/21829029-40c9-4c87-a3c7-54c705d507c8
  10. Access point not listed on wireless network connection

Access point not listed on wireless network connection: Hi forum This is my first time. I have a refurbished HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home which working fine. The point is that a specific AP I need to connect is not listed among the network available in range. I know that the access point is working because I have other laptop...