Windows 10: Access Printer

Discus and support Access Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, I can print documents using the quick print icon I have put on the toolbar, but I need to access the printer so I can scan. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DLee-530, Feb 5, 2019.

1. DLee-530 Win User

Access Printer

I have Windows 10, I can print documents using the quick print icon I have put on the toolbar, but I need to access the printer so I can scan. I have looked on the start menu and I can't see an icon for printers or devices and Canon Icon only brings up the support page with a Canon contact number.

It's not a Canon problem, there is nothing wrong with the printer, I just can't find it anywhere on my control panel.

:)

DLee-530, Feb 5, 2019

2. Unable to access Canon PIXMA MG3620 printer with error: "Printer queue is full" on Windows 10

Hi Wesley,

As you are facing issues with accessing the printer after upgrading to Windows 10 with error: Print queue is full, we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps on desktop device and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 3: To Manually Clear and Reset Print Spooler Queue follow:

Stop the service.
    • Close the window.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

4. Access Printer

Unable to access Wireless printer on Windows 10

Hi Santos,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience your facing with accessing printer, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you tried to connected the printer via wired connection and check?
    • Did you connect this printer to different computer and check?
    • Were you able to see any error message with this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to remove printer drivers from Device manager:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in Run window to open
      Device Manager window.
    • Under Print queues, right click on the printer and
      uninstall.
    Try to install the right drivers for the Printer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service
    and check.

Description: Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.

If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the below article about “Fix
    printer problems
    ” and check if it helps

Section: Why isn't Windows finding my Bluetooth or other wireless device?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thema:

Access Printer

1. Access Printer - Similar Threads - Access Printer

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  4. The credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer

in Windows 10 News
    The credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer: [IMG]Some Windows users reported that they could not install a printer on a local workstation. They get an error stating that The credentials supplied are not sufficient to access this printer, which means that the username and password provided to access the printer are...
  5. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  6. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  7. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...: How do I fix a router/access point channel conflict? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-printout-states-a-routeraccess-point/509ce215-aa69-43f0-ad8b-133f950ea630
  9. Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...

Epson printer printout states: A router/access point channel conflict detected - improve...: How do I fix a router/access point channel conflict? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-printout-states-a-routeraccess-point/509ce215-aa69-43f0-ad8b-133f950ea630
  10. Cannot access. Shared printer of Windows 10 and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access. Shared printer of Windows 10 and Windows 11: Hi,We have decided to upgrade all our PC to Windows 10 and 11. And now I am having an issue with accessing, shared printer on Windows 10 and Windows 11, I have not changed anything on the network side. I have put back the old windows 7 pc for isolation purposes and all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access printer

2. accesss printer

3. where do I access printer

4. access printer //