Windows 10: Access Quicken files

Discus and support Access Quicken files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; "This file does not have an app associated with for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David J. Spinelli, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Access Quicken files

"This file does not have an app associated with for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page." I was recently forced to reinstall my operation system. All my data was still present; it's just my OS took a dive. With my OS installed, a few applications needed installations as well. One particular application is MS Money. Now, I did have this happen before; but never like this. In the last OS, I downloaded the Discover Card registry on it's account page and placed it in my Money program MS Money. Now, there isn't any association with QFX. Could anyone please explain why isn't any? There is one with Quick Books QIF. Could you please explain how to get QFX as an app? I did install Microsoft Money 2007 with USMoneyBizSunset. Please help.

Take care and God bless,

David J Spinelli

***Original title: QFX***

:)

David J. Spinelli, Jun 26, 2020

2. Cant open quicken files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• What the exact error message you are getting?

Please be informed that Quicken 2002 might not be compatible with Windows 10.

I suggest you to install that program in compatibility mode and check.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the program from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the program setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer.

If the issue persists I suggest you to contact the Quicken support for further help.

Contact Support

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Quicken ID not recognized in Quicken 2019 after 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• When you say, “Quicken 2019 will no longer recognize Quicken” what happens when you try to sign in to Quicken 2019?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

However, I suggest you to refer the Quicken article Quicken ID Sign In Troubleshooting and
    see if that helps.

For more information, you can refer the article
    Quicken ID Frequently Asked Questions

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Access Quicken files

Quicken 2016 won't start unless accessing as: "run as Administrator" on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Quicken 2016 on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Is this issue confined only with Quicken 2016 application?
    • How have you installed this application?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software of your system?
    • Do let us know if your administrator account is a Microsoft account?

As a basic troubleshooting, I suggest you to disable the anti-virus software if any installed and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the User Account Settings.

• Press Windows key, type user account control, select
      Change User Account Control settings.
    • Set notification to Never notify, click Ok
      and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: This issue might have also occurred due to compatibility issues on Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the program, download from the manufacturer's website and try to install it in compatible mode on Windows 10.

Steps to uninstall.

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Right click on Quicken 2016 application.
    • Select Uninstall,

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated application from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the application installation file and select
      Properties
      then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the application and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Access Quicken files

1. Access Quicken files - Similar Threads - Access Quicken files

2. Quicken will not load a file: Quicken unexpectedly quit last time it was run.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicken will not load a file: Quicken unexpectedly quit last time it was run.: Trying to start Quicken I always for the past 10 days get a box that says: Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run.I can get Quicken to run if I hold the control and shift down and start Quicken in several different ways i.e. desktop icon, tray icon, qw.exe in the...
  3. Quicken will not load a file: Quicken unexpectedly quit last time it was run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quicken will not load a file: Quicken unexpectedly quit last time it was run.: Trying to start Quicken I always for the past 10 days get a box that says: Quicken unexpectedly quit the last time it was run.I can get Quicken to run if I hold the control and shift down and start Quicken in several different ways i.e. desktop icon, tray icon, qw.exe in the...
  4. Quicken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quicken: I have been trying to download Quicken but it says I can't because Windows is in S mode. How can I get this to dowloade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken/fa1651fd-640a-45cb-91f9-8fb97bc80089
  5. quicken

quicken: is there a way to recover this file from quicken without re-installing the entire program the file is as follows x86\QUICKENW\PdfDrv quicken says no but it seems that \i should somehow be able to recover it...
  6. Access to quicken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to quicken: I spoke with a Quicken rep and he indicated that I have a private network that's active and doesn't allow me to access my account...they said that you could fix it so the private network would allow access...
  7. quicken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quicken: quicken not compatible after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken/e691dd96-bd26-4bbd-8a1a-7e897512baa1
  8. quicken

in Windows 10 Customization
    quicken: quicken deluxe 2019 will no longer load. Tried everything with quicken and they seem thing it is a windows thing. Any =one else have this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken/d52e0ef0-e312-4b3f-9fa4-f92e15336ca5
  9. quicken files

quicken files: My 2015 quicken backup file will not open. What do i use to open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-files/a8e66b75-a86b-41f0-b29f-0daf026b560b
  10. Quicken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Quicken: I have a disc I just bought with Quicken on it. I can't figure out how to run the program( disc). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/quicken/134b2d59-7fb3-4857-a35d-6e4e8d52030d