Windows 10: Access recycle bin on external HDD

Discus and support Access recycle bin on external HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone When I wanna access the recycle bin on my external drive and see the files, it opens the recycle bin on my main drive, like it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by emilfrederiksen, May 7, 2019.

1. Access recycle bin on external HDD

Hello everyone

When I wanna access the recycle bin on my external drive and see the files, it opens the recycle bin on my main drive, like it is a shortcut.

How do I access the recycle bin on the external drive and see the files?

Thank you!

:)

emilfrederiksen, May 7, 2019

2. Accessing the recycle bin on an old HDD

Hi,

It seems that you're still accessing the recycling bin of your laptop. Let's make sure that you open the recycle bin on your external hard disk drive. Please follow these steps:

• Open your File Explorer.
    • Click the View menu and click Options.
    • Click the View tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings, check the Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if you can now access the recycle bin folder on your external hard disk drive.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 7, 2019
  3. Managing a recycle bin on an external drive

Hi,

Your external hard drive has its own recycle bin folder where the deleted files from it are stored. In order to delete those deleted files, we need to access first the recycle bin folder of the external hard drive. Follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • At the top menu, click View.
    • On the right pane, click Options > Change folder and search options.
    • In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    • Under the Advanced settings, tick or select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once saved, try to access your external hard drive. Its recycle bin should now be visible. You may then open the recycle bin folder and delete the files inside it.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 7, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

Access recycle bin on external HDD

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Access recycle bin on external HDD

1. Access recycle bin on external HDD - Similar Threads - Access recycle bin

2. How to access the recycle bin on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access the recycle bin on an external hard drive: Hi,Please could someone advise how I can gain access to the recycle bin on my external hard drive? I have followed the steps to make $RECYCLE visible and that worked, however, it's actually showing me the recycle bin on my laptop instead. I have searched the hard drive for...
  3. How to access the recycle bin on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access the recycle bin on an external hard drive: Hi,Please could someone advise how I can gain access to the recycle bin on my external hard drive? I have followed the steps to make $RECYCLE visible and that worked, however, it's actually showing me the recycle bin on my laptop instead. I have searched the hard drive for...
  4. How to access the recycle bin on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin on external hard drive is corrupted.: I have started to get a popup stating "The Recycle Bin on F:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?". Clicking on either option has seemingly no effect and the popup just reappears after a few seconds. This started immediately after I tried...
  6. recycle bin on external HDD

recycle bin on external HDD: I have deleted many duplicate filesseveral Gigabytes on my eternal HDD but the computer has not shown an increased amount of free space. When I check the recycle bin it is shown as empty.. I have heard that these deleted files may be "hidden" but I do not know how to access...
  7. Recycle bin of my portable hdd not working

Recycle bin of my portable hdd not working: Windows does not recycle files on my portable hdd from recently. I tried disk scanning and deleting $Recycle bin folder. But it works in other PC’s. What should I do...
  8. Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle Bin: I can not find the recycle bin on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle/915eb735-58dc-40c8-b42f-492b1f9e5cd4
  9. bothersome recycle bin error message in external HDD -how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bothersome recycle bin error message in external HDD -how to fix?: iam seeing a popup everytime I turn on pc.."recycle bin in external drive is corrupt. prompts me to empty it or not..why is it showing like that and how to fix it*Shock [img] 76696
  10. recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin: Since the 10061 build, I have several times noticed the recycle bin showing full and when I looked there was nothing in it. When I went back to desktop the bin showed empty. 5635