Windows 10: Access Rights

Discus and support Access Rights in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can never get this correct - and have not found a good reference. If there is one - please point me to it. I have 5 user accounts on my PC - a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulinAZ0813, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Access Rights

I can never get this correct - and have not found a good reference. If there is one - please point me to it.

I have 5 user accounts on my PC - a master admin account, and then 4 user accounts.

I want to limit access to certain folders (just a select few) to the master admin account and one of the other users.

How do I do this?

:)

PaulinAZ0813, Dec 1, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 1, 2019
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Access Rights

Windows 10 - No access rights to C:

Hi Emil,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Did you make any changes prior to the issue? Please try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow these steps to take the ownership of the drive.

• Right click on Drive C and click
      Properties.

• Switch to Security tab, click
      Edit and Add to add your user account, if it is not listed. Assign the
      full control permission for your own account and click
      OK.

• Click Advanced, switch to
      Ownership tab and click
      Edit button.

• Highlight your user account and click
      Apply, and then click
      OK.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to disable to UAC settings and check.

• In search type User account control.

• Select Change User Account Control Settings.

• Move the slider to Never notify and click
      Ok.
    Method 3: I would suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Hope the information helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Access Rights

1. Access Rights - Similar Threads - Access Rights

2. Properties is Broken When I Right Click, Could Security Tab be Accessed with Command Prompt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Properties is Broken When I Right Click, Could Security Tab be Accessed with Command Prompt...: Hi, when I right-click the Properties don't show, could I enable full access to drive c: using Command Prompt as demoed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muibquq-aIMThank you....
  3. Properties is Broken When I Right Click, Could Security Tab be Accessed with Command Prompt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Properties is Broken When I Right Click, Could Security Tab be Accessed with Command Prompt...: Hi, when I right-click the Properties don't show, could I enable full access to drive c: using Command Prompt as demoed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muibquq-aIMThank you....
  4. How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.: Hi TeamIs there any way that we can disable or Hide the Diagnose Network Problems and Troubleshoot Sound Problems options from system tray.No one from domain user can run this tools without admin access.Any GPO settings or regedit entry to prevent or hide this settings from...
  5. How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.

How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.: Hi TeamIs there any way that we can disable or Hide the Diagnose Network Problems and Troubleshoot Sound Problems options from system tray.No one from domain user can run this tools without admin access.Any GPO settings or regedit entry to prevent or hide this settings from...
  6. Can't access search index settings and explorer crashes when I right click . How can I fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access search index settings and explorer crashes when I right click . How can I fix...: Ever since refreshing my Windows 10 search index a couple days ago, because I no longer wanted my entire computer to be indexed, I've had an issue where right clicking on a shortcut .lnk file causes the file explorer window to freeze. If I right click a shortcut on the...
  7. Can't access search index settings and explorer crashes when I right click . How can I fix...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access search index settings and explorer crashes when I right click . How can I fix...: Ever since refreshing my Windows 10 search index a couple days ago, because I no longer wanted my entire computer to be indexed, I've had an issue where right clicking on a shortcut .lnk file causes the file explorer window to freeze. If I right click a shortcut on the...
  8. Can't access search index settings and explorer crashes when I right click . How can I fix...

9. Random notification about not enough access rights to perform this operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random notification about not enough access rights to perform this operation.: Last week i updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and now i'm getting a random message about 'Not enough access rights to perform this operation.' This occurs mostly random and almost always right when i start my pc. This is the message i'm talking about. ^^i have no idea how...
  10. Random notification about not enough access rights to perform this operation.

Random notification about not enough access rights to perform this operation.: Last week i updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and now i'm getting a random message about 'Not enough access rights to perform this operation.' This occurs mostly random and almost always right when i start my pc. This is the message i'm talking about. ^^i have no idea how...