Windows 10: Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User

Discus and support Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello~ Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere, but my searches are failing me this evening. If I open a Remote Desktop session to my Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nhelder, Aug 18, 2020.

1. nhelder Win User

Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User

Hello~

Perhaps this has been answered elsewhere, but my searches are failing me this evening.

If I open a Remote Desktop session to my Windows 10 laptop and log in as a user that's a member of the Administrators group, I'm readily able to access the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option from the taskbar.

If I take that same user and remove them from the Administrators group, then log out and (remotely) log back in, the "Safely Remove" icon is not available.

So, the question is: does anyone know how to enable access to the full "Safely Remove" feature for a non-admin user from within an RDP session?

Thanks in advance!

- Nathan

P.S. Windows 10 version: 2004 (build 19041.450).

:)

nhelder, Aug 18, 2020
  2. birosh Win User

RDP to non-admin account not working

I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account.
    I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window:

Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User [​IMG]

[Advanced Button:]

Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User [​IMG]

is there something I can check/change in the reg editor or in group policies or something to make this appear or perhaps just to enable it directly for that account?
    For reference this appears the same if I'm logged in as admin or as non-admin. (have to give admin privileges anyway to see this window in the first place)
    Thanks to anyone who can help

birosh, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Server Hardware specifications for 15 - 20 RDP Concurrent Sessions.

Looking for guideline for Server Hardware specifications for 15 - 20 RDP Concurrent Sessions.
    This is for new software development company.

We are planning to use Zero client or Wyse T50 Thin Client with Armada 1 Ghz RAM 1GB Flash 1GB

On server these are the applications which are access by 15-20 users.

1. SQL server 2008
    2. Visual Studio
    3. Other basic tools for software development

Prashant Patil, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User

"Access denied 0x80004005" issue - RDP session - Windows server 2016 - User logon time out

I have scheduled a task running all the time on my Windows server 2016.

Connecting through RDP, few functionalities require user to be logged on to the server to be processed but it seems user log offs after a time limit. After certain time limit, task was facing "Access denied 0x80004005"
    Error

i have tried changing the following in RDP session host settings in group policy:

• automatic re connection -> enabled
    • deny logoff of an administrator logged in to the console session -> enabled
    • configure keep alive connection interval -> 99999
    • session time limits -> disabled
    But they didnt help my task, still its facing "Access denied 0x80004005" Error

Haneesha .Kappala, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User

1. Access "Safely Remove Hardware" From A RDP Session As A Non-Admin User - Similar Threads - Access Safely Remove

2. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  3. Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Keyboard from "Safely remove Hardware": Hello,I have a Surface with a HID keyboard. The "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" button in the tray shows the keyboard as "Eject Surface HID Keyboard". How can I get rid of that entry? I do not want to detach or disable the keyboard. I only want to get rid of that...
  4. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  5. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  6. Safely remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely remove Hardware: I am sure that I do not use the external hardware however, when I want to remove it, I receive a message that " This device is currently in use. Close any program....". I checked the "Task Manager" and could not find an open program/window using it. How can I find which...
  7. Safely Remove Hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely Remove Hardware: I don't see the safely remove hardware icon on my Windows 10 taskbar. After checking the list of available icons in settings, it's missing in action! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safely-remove-hardware/786e43ce-bb75-4ccd-92f6-c2b5e10060c7
  8. Safe to remove hardware?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove hardware?: I often use pen drives for certain purposes, and after ejecting the drive using the "safely remove hardware" icon on the task bar, I used to get an all clear message pop up on the lower right screen telling me it was safe to remove the pen drive! This message no longer...
  9. RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...
  10. RDP to non-admin account not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to non-admin account not working: I can RDP to an account that is an admin account but not to a non-admin account. I have read to check the users and make sure the appropriate accounts have been added to the user list but the option to view or edit the user list is missing from my settings window: [img]...