Windows 10: Access secure sites

Discus and support Access secure sites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot access my bank site on windows 10. How do I fix??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by maryreese1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Access secure sites

Cannot access my bank site on windows 10. How do I fix??

:)

maryreese1, Apr 26, 2019

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Toddbooks Win User
    Problem with UK Government sites access

I have a problem with UK Government sites on this computer. I have tried accessing and filing on the companies house site, and have today tried to file a tax return with HMRC. In both cases I have been able to log in, but when moving to the next step to actually do anything I get either an error message or a screen freeze. I have not had problems with any other websites.
    I have used an old laptop computer and found that both sites work well on that machine without problems, using the same email address and access codes, so it would seem that the problem lies with this computer but I cannot work out what the problem might be.
    Are there any suggestions as to what I could try?

Toddbooks, Apr 26, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

Access secure sites

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Access secure sites

1. Access secure sites - Similar Threads - Access secure sites

2. not secure site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not secure site: i cant get into certain sites that i need to visit because they go with a game i play, please actually help me get passed this last time i asked for help they just said contact the web site maker. i just need to get into it. other people are saying their getting into it fine...
  3. not secure site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not secure site: i cant get into certain sites that i need to visit because they go with a game i play, please actually help me get passed this last time i asked for help they just said contact the web site maker. i just need to get into it. other people are saying their getting into it fine...
  4. accessing site problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accessing site problem: Whenever I try to log on to my servers website, I get an "error has occurred, try again or call us" message which just repeats. Yet I can log on using my android phone Similarly, when accessing a travel booking site, I get an "your session has expired message", again I can...
  5. Site is not secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site is not secure: I know this is a broad question with many solutions to which I have tried a lot. I am attempting to access army websites which require certain security certificates. I have gone about this with the help of forums I have used before and had no problems in the past with. I...
  6. Site not secure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Site not secure: I recently changed my nbn internet supplier. I now find when i attempt to log onto home pages Microsoft etc the page will not load and tell me it is unsecure and certificate is not valid. could anyone help me with this please....
  7. secure site timeouts

secure site timeouts: when I try to log onto a specific secure site it times out immediately https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-site-timeouts/13fcd8b4-ff8d-4ef6-95a4-4a0c26f7b03c
  8. Cannot access any secure sites with my mobile hotspot

Cannot access any secure sites with my mobile hotspot: I don't know what happened suddenly, my WiFi stopped working and I was unable to visit any secured sites. I tried to connect to other WiFi and it worked and I was able to visit secured websites! I tried pinging Google and results were good(got the output). I had recently...
  9. web site secure

in Windows 10 Customization
    web site secure: Hello, Across the top where the web address is I see site not secure, It happens on outlook.com and several others. Any suggestions or help as to why this happens? Thank you...
  10. secure site

secure site: Hello everyone keep getting this message on some sites, can anyone help [img] 94417