Windows 10: Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN

Discus and support Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have this problem at my work place: there is a trusted service that provides data, that has to be constantly received online. The only way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChShakenov, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN

Hi all,

I have this problem at my work place: there is a trusted service that provides data, that has to be constantly received online. The only way to receive them is to connect to their VPN and use dedicated application. I was able to connect to it using build-in VPN, but when I do so, I loose access to the other Internet services. VPN uses PPTP protocol without any encryption.

Is there any way to stay connected to VPN that works with only several IP addresses and, at the same time, use Internet regular way?

Thanks in advance!

:)

ChShakenov, Oct 30, 2019
  2. grecinos Win User

Problems setting up a VPN server with a Synology NAS - Please help

Hey Folks,

I posted a thread a while back in regards to a configuring a VPN server using a Synology NAS. I was able to successfully connect to my VPN server and access the resources on the LAN. Since then, I haven't used this feature until the past few days. I haven't changed anything. I can connect to the Synology VPN (PPTP) server, but now I can't access any of the resources on the network. I noticed that the server was allocating IP addresses in the 192.168.0.x range. My network is using IP addresses in the 192.168.1.x range. I'm assuming this has something to do with problem? I can change the Dynamic IP Address (on the VPN server) to start with 192.168.1.0. But then, that would cause an IP address conflict. Somehow, I need to configure it such that only unused IP Addresses will be allocated.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight?

Regards,

grecinos

grecinos, Oct 30, 2019
  3. VPN keeps returning the real IP address instead of the VPN address

I'm using the built-in VPN in Windows 10. Here's what I've done so far.

I've created the VPN connection, called "PureVPN" (the name of my VPN company).

I've inputted the username and password. I've inputted the server address that I always use. I use IKEv2.

First, I search for my IP address. It gives me my REAL IP address instead of the VPN one.

Next, I use Split Tunneling using this PowerShell method in administrator mode:

Get-VpnConnection | ? -Property Name
    -eq -Value
    "PureVPN" | Set-VpnConnection -SplitTunneling
    $true

I reboot. I search for my IP address again. Again, I get the REAL IP address.

What am I doing wrong ? When I use the software that PureVPN provides, I have no problems,

but I'm trying to learn how to do it this way. Thank you in advance!

EcstasyRealty, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN

Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN

1. Access set of IP addresses via Build-in VPN - Similar Threads - Access set addresses

2. Cant access c$ via pc name but can via ip address on some netwrok computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access c$ via pc name but can via ip address on some netwrok computers.: Win 10 on both sides. Cant access c$ via pc name but can via ip address. I try to turn on network discovery and registry localaccesstokenpolicy but no success. Firewall not block....
  3. Cant access c$ via pc name but can via ip address on some netwrok computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access c$ via pc name but can via ip address on some netwrok computers.: Win 10 on both sides. Cant access c$ via pc name but can via ip address. I try to turn on network discovery and registry localaccesstokenpolicy but no success. Firewall not block....
  4. Cant access c$ via pc name but can via ip address on some netwrok computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IP IN VPN

IP IN VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. Website from which I download this document I want that system to see me as a new user every time when I go on there.I tried vpn,...
  6. IP in VPN

IP in VPN: Greetings! I really need help. Can I change the IP and make the computer think that you are in another place? Enable any IP address in the VPN. I would really appreciate it if you help....
  7. NAS only accessible via WINS name, but not via IP address

NAS only accessible via WINS name, but not via IP address: In one network I manage I sometimes get this strange error. The NAS is perfectly accessible via its name \\LAGRING but using its IP address \\172.24.57.3 gives an error the error message suggests it is unavailable or that you don't have access rights. I have not found a...
  8. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  9. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  10. VPN IP address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN IP address: I'm using VPN from Avast and its information tells me its address is 5.62.43.85. However a warning message from Microsoft this morning told me there was a login from 5.62.43.33, giving a map suggesting it was from the Manchester area. However the Avast address seems to be...