Windows 10: Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist"

Discus and support Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As of a couple days ago I can no longer access my Buffalo NAS share. I have't had any connectivity issues before. The odd thing is if I use a wired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredButters, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist"

As of a couple days ago I can no longer access my Buffalo NAS share. I have't had any connectivity issues before. The odd thing is if I use a wired connection I have no problems access the share, but over wifi I get this error:

\\Your-Drive is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

I've read some other posts related to this error, and I've tried adding Windows Credentials from the post here and I've seen posts about using gpedit.msc but I'm using Windows 10 Home which doesn't have that (and I don't want to install a 3rd party tool). I've restarted everything (computer, router, modem, NAS) too.

Any other suggestions or ideas why it only fails over wifi?

Thanks

:)

FredButters, Sep 26, 2016
  2. Dannfort Win User

Lost connectivity to Mapped Drive after Windows 10 updates caused by Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3185614)

Over the past two days two Windows 10 PCs have lost connection to mapped drive (Linux server) on network (different subnet - VPN) No username or password required to access the share for mapping.

This drive has been mapped for some time with no issues

Other computers running Windows 10 in the same network and subnet are still connecting fine.

Problem appears to be after a recent update. One running anniversary update and one not. Both Pro

Error with existing mapped (red X)

Restoring Network Connections

An error occurred while reconnecting [Drive]: to

[ip address]\[share name]

Microsoft Windows Network: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

This connection has not been restored.

Error when trying to Re-Map:

Open Folder

[IP address] is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

This issue above was caused by Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3185614) and resolved by uninstalling it.

Dannfort, Sep 26, 2016
  3. dstampor Win User
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936) - Network Issues

Hello,

After the update I get the following error box when attempting to open a network shared drive (I get same message for network printer):

"\\Readshare is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resourse. Contact the administratror of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

A specified logon session does no exist. It may already have been terminated."

I have tried turning the computer off and back on. That exhausts my troubleshooting capabilities.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Dave

dstampor, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist"

I got it working. I first disabled IPv6 and restarted but that didn't do it. Then I mapped another drive to the share but chose "connect using different credentials" and entered the same username\password that I used to logon to the laptop

FredButters, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist"

1. Access share over wifi only "A specified logon session does not exist" - Similar Threads - Access share wifi

2. “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”: I just got a coworker a new computer. I setup her computer using her Office365 account. I am trying to connect the computer to our Shared Drive. This shared drive is on a computer in my office. I believe the computer is on a domain under the name example.localThe located of...
  3. “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”: I just got a coworker a new computer. I setup her computer using her Office365 account. I am trying to connect the computer to our Shared Drive. This shared drive is on a computer in my office. I believe the computer is on a domain under the name example.localThe located of...
  4. “A specified logon session does not exist. it may already have been terminated”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.: I cannot for the life of me consistently gain access to my mapped drives without reconnecting the all the time. I keep getting the error: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. This has been going on for quite sometime and have...
  6. Win 10 2004: runas excel.exe as different user: A specified logon session does not exist.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004: runas excel.exe as different user: A specified logon session does not exist.: This cammand did work in Win 10 1909: C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /profile /user:my_domain\other_user "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" but now I get a runas error 1312: A specified logon session does not exist, It may already have been...
  7. A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated.: I get this error message when trying to map a network drive. The server I'm trying to connect to runs Windows Server 2008. Other computers in the network can connect to that server without problems. I tried this solution:...
  8. Windows 10 sharing folders: A specified logon session does not exist.

Windows 10 sharing folders: A specified logon session does not exist.: After updating today my remote computer I now get this error: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. I created a password and now I can access a shared folder from other PCs but I have one PC that cannot access running Windows 10....
  9. Xbox Beta App - A specified logon session does not exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Beta App - A specified logon session does not exist: I've tried every solution I've found online, even tried to uninstall and reinstall the app. Nothing has worked. Even did: Close all Xbox apps Navigate to %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBrokerin file explorer Delete all...
  10. Keep getting "Specified logon session does not exist" error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep getting "Specified logon session does not exist" error: I keep on getting this error whenever I try to login to my University email in Outlook on my PC. I have also started getting this error when I try to login to OneDrive on this device. Please help! [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a specified logon session does not exist access share