Windows 10: Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed

Discus and support Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am a Private Investigator in Michigan, and have been hired by the family of an Estate. A family member passed away and had a Windows Laptop, and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lee PI, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Lee PI Win User

Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed

I am a Private Investigator in Michigan, and have been hired by the family of an Estate. A family member passed away and had a Windows Laptop, and the family is trying to settle the estate and needs access to the laptop. This is not some fake request to get into someone's account. I have a death certificate, passport, ID from the deceased, and a letter from the family next of kin to do the work. I took it to Best Buy to have the passwords removed on startup it asks for a PIN/PW, they can normally remove passwords, but in this case they informed me it has BitLocker installed and they do not have the capability to do it. They recommended contacting Microsoft, so here I am. Any advice, help or someone at Microsoft that I can actually talk to?

:)

Lee PI, Feb 10, 2021

2. Bit locker Encryption

Hello Fiends,

Actually my problem is that i have previously installed windows 7 ultimate(32 bit) in my desktop and to protect my data,
    encrypted the "D drive" using bit locker, then after few months, i installed
    windows 10 pro(64 bit) in my desktop without disabling the bit locker, after installation i was able to access my locked drive with same password.

Till here everything was fine, but after some days my Desktop started to lag then again i switched to
    windows 7 ultimate(64 bit).

But Now i'm not able to access my encrypted drive which was locked by bit locker with same password.

While i'm trying to unlock the encrypted drive i'm getting the massage as
    "Unable to Complete the requested operation because of either a catastrophic media failure
    or a data structure corruption on the disk".

Pls Help.

Thanks.

chandanmaurya, Feb 10, 2021
  3. HemanthV Win User
    bit-locker decryption

i am a windows 10 user and i clicked the bit-locker icon for my WD HDD. Without giving any password, i cancel that window by the cancel button. But now it shows locked with bit-locker and i can't access the data and i can't format too. Also it can't unlock
    from bit-locker manager. What is the solution to access the HDD.

HemanthV, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed

Bit Locker

Hi Bro

i am facing problem with bit locker on my laptop.

The matter of fact is, I format the window older one but the problem is that time bit locker is on and now i install the other window on my laptop but now bit locker does not accept the key so what will i do.

please help me because i don't want to format the drive.

Thanks!

MahzaibAfzal, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed

1. Access to a Laptop that is password protected with Bit Locker Installed - Similar Threads - Access Laptop password

2. I need bit locker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need bit locker password: Hello, I don't have the BitLocker recovery key, after updating and restarting, I can no longer enter my Windows environment. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-bit-locker-password/f85e3921-4af2-4e8e-8c70-ca64c1d8aaf8
  3. I need bit locker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need bit locker password: Hello, I don't have the BitLocker recovery key, after updating and restarting, I can no longer enter my Windows environment. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-bit-locker-password/f85e3921-4af2-4e8e-8c70-ca64c1d8aaf8
  4. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  5. Bit Locker

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bit Locker: My computer will not open without me putting in my bit locker number. How can I fix this? I have the number but when it goes to sleep or shuts off, it takes me to the bit locker screen to enter then number everytime. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  6. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bit Locker: I can't Access My drive. How can I fix the problem?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/4431a0c4-2db6-4ee9-83fc-fa4c16578153
  7. bit locker password character use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bit locker password character use: hello, can we use space character in bit locker password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-password-character-use/d9430f3f-f0e2-40ab-908c-b7356d4d1e3c"
  8. bit locker

bit locker: How do I turn on bitlocker for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker/461aea9a-5011-4f29-9005-254c5d3ea402"
  9. Can't Access Bit Locker Code

Can't Access Bit Locker Code: Thanks in advance for your help. I took my computer to get worked on and the technician said that I needed a bit locker code to be able to work on the computer. We tried accessing the code through "Go.microsoft.com" after entering my email address and we kept getting an...
  10. Bit Locker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bit Locker: I use Bit Locker encryption on all of my Thumb drives that contain personal data. Has anyone else of late, noticed the slow down of Bit Locker USB full encryption process. 7-8hrs to encrypt a Sandisk 128 GB Thumb drive is ridiculous.*Sad 114692