Windows 10: Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043

Discus and support Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, i have recently bought a Nvidia Shield and attached an hard disk 5TB to it with my plex library. Point is i still want to access the hard disk that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by emeth839, Nov 23, 2022.

1. emeth839 Win User

Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043

Hi, i have recently bought a Nvidia Shield and attached an hard disk 5TB to it with my plex library. Point is i still want to access the hard disk that contains also some backups, but:1. if i try to access the internal storage \\my.ip.ad.res\internal everything's normal2. if i try to access the hard disk \\my.ip.ad.res\HDD however it gives back error 0x80070043 Network name could not be found, same goes if i try to map itAlthough both from android seamlessly and iPadOS only read can at least see the files/folder android can play the video files on the hard disk so it has to be a wi

:)

emeth839, Nov 23, 2022
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 23, 2022
  4. sleepless Win User

Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.

I have shared several drives on my desktop pc using advanced sharing - sharing with "everyone" with "full permissions". When trying to access the drives using my laptop, I am able to access one of the drives, as well as the public folders, but the other two drives (the os "C" drive, and 1 other storage drive) I cannot. I get the typical notification:

"Windows cannot access \\PC NAME\f
    You do not have permission to access \\PC NAME\f. Contact your network administrator..."

Both pc's running latest windows 10 on the same local private network. The desktop is wired ethernet, the laptop is wireless.

I have shared all 3 drives on the desktop (1 ssd + 2 hdd's) using the exact same process, and yet I can only access one of the hdd's. Can someone please help explain why this could be the case? Why would I be able to access some drives, but not others?

I have shared both drives on the laptop also, but the desktop cannot access the laptop either of them, except for public folders. I have enabled media streaming on the desktop, and can access those files for viewing/playing.

I have gone through most of the typical steps to resolve network issues. What has me so confused here is that I can access some shared drives but not others.

Thanks

sleepless, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043 - Similar Threads - Access local network

2. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  3. Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to a local network shared drive - error 0x80070043: Hi, i have recently bought a Nvidia Shield and attached an hard disk 5TB to it with my plex library. Point is i still want to access the hard disk that contains also some backups, but:1. if i try to access the internal storage \\my.ip.ad.res\internal everything's normal2. if...
  4. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  5. Accessing a local drive network share using a Microsoft Account that is protected by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a local drive network share using a Microsoft Account that is protected by...: I am trying to access a local drive connected to another Windows PC on my local network that has been shared via the "Advanced Sharing" feature. I used to be able to do this before the introduction of Windows Hello, but now, the account on the PC that I am trying to access is...
  6. Accessing a local drive network share using a Microsoft Account that is protected by...

Accessing a local drive network share using a Microsoft Account that is protected by...: I am trying to access a local drive connected to another Windows PC on my local network that has been shared via the "Advanced Sharing" feature. I used to be able to do this before the introduction of Windows Hello, but now, the account on the PC that I am trying to access is...
  7. Accessing a local drive network share using a Microsoft Account that is protected by...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can't access a shared network drive

Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  9. Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.

Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.: I just joined following a google search on this topic but it seem that it is an expired thread but it is however the problem I have. I have three on a home network, a pc W7 pro a pc win 10 and a laptop win 8 I can see everything but can only access one HD on each and in no...
  10. Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.

Can access some drives on shared local network, but not others.: I have shared several drives on my desktop pc using advanced sharing - sharing with "everyone" with "full permissions". When trying to access the drives using my laptop, I am able to access one of the drives, as well as the public folders, but the other two drives (the os "C"...