Windows 10: Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission

Discus and support Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to have full access for my laptop because whenever I try to install or make changes it pops out an error message that it requires administrator... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TinyikoC, Mar 21, 2016.

1. TinyikoC Win User

Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission

I want to have full access for my laptop because whenever I try to install or make changes it pops out an error message that it requires administrator permission, I tried all the steps that you posted but no luck.

:)

TinyikoC, Mar 21, 2016

2. I changed the permissions on some important Microsoft Office processes, now It can't be uninstalled/repaired

Basically, a while back i noticed that Microsoft office was using a large amount of data to update itself without my permission, so... I thought it was a great idea to go into task manager and disable a few of it's user permissions to access the internet.

Didn't have the effect I wanted and I couldn't launch the program or use the Windows function to uninstall or repair the program. So instead, I uninstalled it manually.

It might be important to note that I changed the permissions of my USER account, as well as an administrator account and the SYSTEM account.

However, now I can't install it at all. Is there any way that I can reset the permissions to default?

Ijustwanttofixthis, Mar 21, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    give standard user access to admin program Windows 10 Pro

The task is a seemingly simple one, conceptually. I, as the administrator, want to give access to a specific user, with standard access, to a specific program. It should be easy, shouldn't it?

Actually, no, it's not a simple task because it attempts to break the security model for operating systems. Let me explain:

A user account that has Administrator permissions can make changes that affect the entire computer. A user account that has Standard (or 'User') permissions can only make changes that affect their own account.

Programs that can make changes that affect the entire computer need to be run from an account with Administrator permissions. A Standard account does not have that ability and you can't give it that ability because that goes against the whole idea of a Standard
    account.

In order for a Standard user to run a program that needs Administrator permissions, the Standard user needs to right-click on the program's shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator.' The Standard user will then be prompted for the password to an Administrator
    account. That allows the Standard user to run only that program with Administrator permissions, and only that one time.

But in order to do that, the Standard user has to know the password to an Administrator account. No password, no can do. If it were any simpler every hacker from here to Timbuktu would be on it.

BulldogXX, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission

1. Access to all my programs without administrative user's permission - Similar Threads - Access programs without

2. Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Opening Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  3. Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Opening Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  4. After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  5. installing and starting programs for users without prompt for administrator credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing and starting programs for users without prompt for administrator credentials: Hello everyone,I am a sysadmin in a midsized company. We have our domain with Windows server 2008. and 2012. This problem that i am about to present is troubling me and my colleagues for some time now, so i will appreciate any help or advice. The following happens: we have...
  6. Program permissions based on User Permissions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program permissions based on User Permissions?: I have a windows user that won't open a certain program, but if I change to a different user on the same machine, it will open. The software support team says there is an issue with the user profile permissions not allowing the program to open fulling under the USER 1...
  7. File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File access and permissions Owner, Administrator, Users etc.: Under a fille group named "Documents" I have folders like Bank/Old Credit Union, new bank/new Credit Union CULC I took a screen capture and wanted to cut/paste from where it is now (Desktop) and put it in the subfolder "new Credit Union" after notice ="you will have to...
  8. Programs run without user permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs run without user permission.: I apologize for the text on bad English. I'm not from England. Briefly. I constantly see that the programs are started and run: Calculator, Microsoft Text Input Application, Options, Edge browser, Search. My computer has a daily security update. This is a gaming home...
  9. Lost all Administrator permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost all Administrator permission: Ha, ha, Denis! ( @Try3 ) You're too fast: having just read about your posting of this info to the Forums, I was just going to find that link and add it here. But you've already done this, sir. Good job! --Ed--
  10. How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...

in Windows 10 Support
    How to give access to a user to a program with administrator rights...: ... with UAC prompt? (sorry this didn't fit the title space) When I search the internet I keep finding tutorials, some safe, others unsafe about giving administrator permissions to a user that is not an administrator. Unfortunately, all of those are also about suppressing...