Windows 10: Access to another computer on my home network.

Discus and support Access to another computer on my home network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leroy Chausse, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Access to another computer on my home network.

When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?

:)

Leroy Chausse, Jan 12, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Access to another computer on my home network.

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Access to another computer on my home network.

1. Access to another computer on my home network. - Similar Threads - Access another computer

2. You can not access another computer on the Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You can not access another computer on the Network: Home networrk connects a laptop windows 10 to new desktop Windows 11. The icons show up under NETWORK, but when i use laptop to connnect to the new desktop i get message, "Does not have permission to access \\Dell-3910." Any suggestions?...
  3. network access to another computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    network access to another computer: Trying to access drives on an old computer through my network, I'm told that I don't have permission to access the specific folder on the remote device. It says to contact my network administrator to request access. Since I am the network administrator, how do I give access...
  4. Can't access another computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access another computer on my network: Since I've updated Windows, I can no longer access my other computer that I have networked. It says I do not have permission to access the computer. I've never had to utilize a user/password....
  5. Cannot access other computers on my home network

Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  6. Can't access computers on home network

Can't access computers on home network: I'm setting up a new Dell XPS 8930. Existing home network which uses Workgroup at this point includes a Win7 Dell and a Win8.1 Lenovo. The Win7 will be updated to 10 when this problem is solved. All computers show up on all computers under Network. The Win10 can access the...
  7. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  8. Accessing another computer on my WIFI network

Accessing another computer on my WIFI network: I have a WIFI network with by PC, my notebook, multifunction centre and NAS. I can access the MFC and NAS from both my PC and notebook - no problems. From my notebook I can access files on my PC - no problems. However, when trying to access my notebook file from my PC...
  9. how to access a file on another computer on my network

how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  10. file sharing with another computer on home network

file sharing with another computer on home network: We 're using Windows 10 on two desktops in our home. Both are connected to Internet by RJ-45 Ethernet cables. How can I set up file sharing so that I can save files from one computer to the other?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access another computer on my home network