Windows 10: Access to cloned HD

Discus and support Access to cloned HD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need the option to boot from a second cloned hard drive OS disk F on startup. See attached image: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WinstonR, Oct 1, 2020.

1. WinstonR Win User

Access to cloned HD

I need the option to boot from a second cloned hard drive OS disk F on startup. See attached image:

Access to cloned HD 0f7d73b8-cfa1-4e5e-9aae-5cbb77481114?upload=true.jpg

:)

WinstonR, Oct 1, 2020
  2. MDxLady13 Win User

Cloning HD

Trying to clone HD using Acronis True Image 2015.

When in the process, requires restart. Restart doesn't finish cloning process, rather it abandons it.

So, my understanding is that I need to turn secure boot off.

My BIOS is in legacy mode, and this does NOT provide the option anywhere to turn secure boot off.

Is there an other way?

Do I have to use UEFI?

I need step by step info, I am a novice at this.

Computer info:

Dell Inspiron N5010

Windows 10 Home, 2016

8 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU

MDxLady13, Oct 1, 2020
  3. g geek Win User
    clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

My HP Vista laptop took a swim and died. I pulled the 320MB HD, put it in an external enclosure and found it still good. Bought a new Dell Win 10 machine w/ 1TB HD. Plan was to:

• Partition off a piece of the new 1TB w/ native Win10 Disk Management.

• Clone the 320MB Vista drive into the new partition w/ Easeus Partition Manager.

• Run Paragon-adaptive-restore on the Vista partition.

• Set up as dual-boot Win10 / Vista.
    Ran into problems right away. Apparently can't clone the MBR HD to a GPT partition and have it remain bootable. Don't see a way to do this without wiping the new Dell 1TB clean – which I'm hesitant to do, especially since I'm about 6000 miles from
    home right now.

• What's the solution to cloning the MBR drive to a bootable GPT partition?

• Am I on the right track? I really want to preserve this Vista installation - I have 30+ years of data in legacy programs on it that would be very difficult to access in Win10.
    TIA

g geek, Oct 1, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Access to cloned HD

Cloning HD

I don't know about Acronis, but I use the Free version of
    AOMEI Partition Assistant
    to clone Drives and have never had any trouble . . .

Click HERE for a step by step on cloning your hard drive with AOMEI

DaveM121, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Access to cloned HD

1. Access to cloned HD - Similar Threads - Access cloned

2. After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files: When I attempt to access my personal files it says "D:\School is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc iss inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or...
  3. After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files: When I attempt to access my personal files it says "D:\School is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc iss inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or...
  4. After cloning a Hard Drive to SSD I can't access some of my personal files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I had cloned the MAC address to my laptop to the WIFI access point and now I can not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had cloned the MAC address to my laptop to the WIFI access point and now I can not...: I had cloned the MAC address to my laptop to the WIFI access point and now I can not connect to the main router it keeps telling me that the WIFI can not connect. What could be the issue?...
  6. I had cloned the MAC address to my laptop to the WIFI access point and now I can not...

I had cloned the MAC address to my laptop to the WIFI access point and now I can not...: I had cloned the MAC address to my laptop to the WIFI access point and now I can not connect to the main router it keeps telling me that the WIFI can not connect. What could be the issue?...
  7. Is it possible to clone and access encrypted disk with Bitlocker using 3rd party tools such...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to clone and access encrypted disk with Bitlocker using 3rd party tools such...: Is it possible to clone and access encrypted disk with Bitlocker using 3rd party tools such as Acronis disk imager ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-clone-and-access-encrypted-disk/78d923ba-8a0b-4b18-acb8-5e6e8354b78d
  8. Is it possible to clone and access encrypted disk with Bitlocker using 3rd party tools such...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to clone and access encrypted disk with Bitlocker using 3rd party tools such...: Is it possible to clone and access encrypted disk with Bitlocker using 3rd party tools such as Acronis disk imager ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-clone-and-access-encrypted-disk/78d923ba-8a0b-4b18-acb8-5e6e8354b78d
  9. Is it possible to clone and access encrypted disk with Bitlocker using 3rd party tools such...

10. Lost admin access after disk clone although can still log in but just cannot access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin access after disk clone although can still log in but just cannot access...: I have a very strange and annoying problem. My 128GB SSD drive which was the boot drive with Windows 7 pro installed was full so I got a 1TB SSD and cloned the old drive to the new one using minitool partition wizard free. I then booted from the new drive but didn't...